WTB PCMCIA USB Card

mpichescs

Limp Gawd
Looking for a PCMCIA USB card that, and this is important, sits FLUSH with the side of a laptop. Its for a project and I don't have room for something that sticks out beyond the laptop I'm putting it in. (The usb cord is taking up the precious space left over.) Something like this: Fleabay link*

I don't really want to deal with ebay, I wanna deal with someone [H]ard! If you have something like this you wouldn't mind parting with lemme know. Looking to spend similar to the bay. If I don't get any bites I'm buying from hong kong :(

*please note that the item linked has "Full 480 Mb/s bandwidth for USB power users" Wimpy PCMCIA cards need not apply! :D

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Until today I did not know they made them like that. I should tell me manager so he can order those instead.

just fyi, from experience those PCMCIA aren't very good in terms of providing enough power on the ports. So if you are hoping to power a external drive, usb tuner, usb wifi, and what not... don't expect it to run.

The ones that you will need if the thing you plan on running is what i mentioned above, it will need an external power source. If you look at the ones they show on newegg, they have an adapter for a plug

Back