WTB Plex Transcode GPU. ~$100 appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark12

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey friends,

Looking to buy a GPU to transcode some Plex users' content. I found a source for a Quadro P400 for $90.
According to this chart, it is a good choice for H265. https://www.elpamsoft.com/?p=Plex-Hardware-Transcoding

Before I pull that trigger, I was wondering if anyone else had anything else better for sale.

I'd appreciate it greatly!

That is a great deal on that card, especially since quadros are decode unlocked. Good luck with search though.

I sold my P2000 and just use my Intel 10 series cpu. Its amazing how powerful the new gen CPU’s are. Also setup a ramdisk so load times and seek times are super fast. Check out the video below.

I sold my P2000 and just use my Intel 10 series cpu. Its amazing how powerful the new gen CPU’s are. Also setup a ramdisk so load times and seek times are super fast. Check out the video below.

Wow Very impressive. My server is already set up with a Ryzen 3600 though. Also running a 4gb RAMDrive on my 16gb of memory.

I didn't know Quicksync was so good nowadays. I'll keep this is mind for my next build, though it won't be for a long time.

I know there is a patch to exceed max transcodes of NVEC, but I think it is only for linux. I am running windows unfortunately.

Either way, thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back