WTB PSU: 20 pin ATX + -5V line

Dawgdoc

Limp Gawd
As the title says, I am in need of a PSU, preferably 450W or greater with the following characteristics:

1. Prefer 20pin ATX power connection instead of 24pin ATX, but if the PSU meets other criteria I will still be interested most likely.

2. MUST have a -5V line.

I need these requirements for my OCZ DDR Booster to work on my retro benching rig. I can workaround it by performing a Vdimm measure mod on the board as the DDR booster works fine even without the LED, but its just easier to get a PSU that will work with it as is.

Heat is minimal, but its in my sig. I have many many other transactions here on [H] and unfortunately many people arnt very good about leaving heatware feedback :(

Long term EBAY member with flawless feedback:http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...cstar&ftab=AllFeedback&sspagename=STRK:ME:UFS

TY!

I have sold something to Dawgdoc recently. Easy transaction :) So bump for you.

I have a couple power supplies laying around at home... I will check them when I get home in a few hours.

Are you saying it needs a different physical connector from the PSU , or just needs to have a -5V rating?

-Chris

Thx for the bump GST!!

The PSU does not need to have a seperate -5V connector, but it must have a -5V rail on it.

As per the OCZ website:http://www.ocztechnology.com/displaypage.php?name=DDRBoostermobocompatibility

"Power supplies used in conjunction with the DDR Booster must support a -5V line in order for the LED readout to function."

My Corsair HX620W and my HX520W both do NOT have a -5V line. My Antec truepower trio 550W also does NOT have one.

I have some crappy old 450W PSU (no brand) which also apparently does NOT have a -5V line so Im dead in the water with my OCZ boosters :(

TY again!

I've got a Vantec Stealth 520A, which according to their website has -5V line as well as 20 pin atx connector. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Hope this helps (and hopefully Paul, Jonny or someone else can correct me if I'm wrong): the ATX +12V v1.2 or 1.3 spec stopped regulating the -5V rail. v2.x introduced split +12V rails. So if your supply has two or more +12V rails, it's definitely too new, and won't have the -5V.

So start looking for a single-rail supply. :)

Yeah the requirement for the -5v rail was dropped after the ATX12v1.3 revision and ATX12v2.0 introduced the split 12v rail. However, there are some ATX12v2.0 labeled power supplies that have a -5v rail even though the spec doesn't require it like the Xclio 450BL, the X2 750w (ok but that one might not be a good solution), and a few others (some SuperFlower units). There is nothing quite as odd as hoking up a power supply that isn't supposed to have it and seeing it register on the SM-8800. Now with the DDR booster it still works without hte -5v rail fine you just don't get the LED read out.

Hope that helps you guys sort out a transaction.

Back