WTB: Quick Laptop Hard Drive..

fLiPaChu

Gawd
For a dying sony vaio PCG series =*(. Please entertain me with offers, but my aunt isn't looking to spend too much, just need something that gets into windows but doesnt make crazy noise doing it :). Thanks.

flip

fLiPaChu said:
For a dying sony vaio PCG series =*(. Please entertain me with offers, but my aunt isn't looking to spend too much, just need something that gets into windows but doesnt make crazy noise doing it :). Thanks.

flip

Got a 6.4 gig IBM for sell for 25 bucks plus shipping.

email is [email protected]

LMK if interested.

looking for possibly 20-40 gigs, any chance on a 7200rpm? hehe, thanks though.

flip

I've got a 30gb system pull, unsure of spindle speed - $65 shipped

Bomber said:
I've got a 30gb system pull, unsure of spindle speed - $65 shipped

It's a Toshiba MK3017GAP 4200rpm 30gb. If you decide you want it let me know.

sweet guys, thanks for the offers i will sleep on it and by tomorrow I should be able to make a decision. btw: these HDs will work in any lappy correct?

flip

I know mine works in anything, except for maybe an Apple :) It came out of my HP ZT1260 when I upgraded.

yeah, the old sony viao PCGZ505JE is what i'm worried about, if you check out the specs on it the damn thing is already just a bit more than an inch in thickness. small little guy for on the go jobs :).

flip

looking for a low-non-existent noise solution too. HD whined like crazy and finally died =(.

Yeah, what you have to watch out for usually on those thin'n'light lappies is the thickness of the drive. Mine is just a shade over 5/16", which should fit in virtually everything. Best way to tell for sure is take a tape measure to the one that died and compare. Anyway, LMK if you're interested.

Mines a standard 9mm laptop drive. Will install in most any laptop out there - even a Mac ;)

Back