WTB: SCSI Stuff - 4x SCA 80-to-68 adapters, 2x cables, 3-in-2 sca drive cage

mpeg4v3

Gawd
2x SCSI 68pin LVD 2-Drive (3-Connectors) Cables
Again, I need these for my new server. I've got 4 SCSI HDDs I plan to run and two onboard SCSI ports, so I figured I might as well split them up. Each cable has to have at least 3 connectors, one for the motherboard and two for devices. Preferrably I'd like them to have terminators on the end as well.
1x SCSI SCA 80pin 3-in-2 drive cage
I know the chances of getting one of these, especially for a decent price, is rather slim, but I figured I'd post anyway. They don't need to be hotswappable, they just need to be able to hold 3 drives in 2 5 1/4" bays. I'm basically out of room in my server case, and using this would allow me to fit it.

Non-free email: [email protected]
Heatware: mpeg4v3
eBay: yufi

man, i had a cage in this old server i had, trashed it tho, guess i could scrounge around to see if i have any left

last batch i bought of these adaptors on eBay, the company was MC Price Breakers 619 476 9839 [email protected] or eBay Store

these run at ultra320 on my adaptec 39320 card & ultra 160 on my other PC with an adaptec 39160

if you elect to go with a hotswap box i am pulling 2 intel units from my system, they are 5 drive ultra 320, you need 3 open cdrom bays to fit this in, one 68 pin connection & its internally terminated. i think 3 year warranty from intel. they are complete w/ factory boxes & literature. going on eBay in the next week or two.

cables i have just send me an email i have 20 + cables & terms.

hope this help :)

I have one black 3 drive 2 cdrom bay adaptor with fan & grill too, haha i read you was out of room in your case.

I remember seeing that company on ebay before... it just seems like the price on such simple adapters are so high. I paid a grand total of $40 for 3x Ultra3 18.2gb drives, and it would cost $37 just to get the three adapters to convert those 3 drives, almost the cost of the drives themselves!

Unfortunately I've only got 2 5&1/4" bays free on the server, or else I'd hit you up on that 5-in-3 offer.

I bought a 4-pack of SCA adapters that work @ U160 on e-bay for $25 shipped, so that price you quote seems a bit high. Also, have you considered that you need termination after the last drive? Might be looking for cables w/ 4 total connectors or 3 connector w/ intergrated terminator ;) Good luck on your SCSI search!

Vertigo Acid said:
I bought a 4-pack of SCA adapters that work @ U160 on e-bay for $25 shipped, so that price you quote seems a bit high. Also, have you considered that you need termination after the last drive? Might be looking for cables w/ 4 total connectors or 3 connector w/ intergrated terminator ;) Good luck on your SCSI search!

Hmm, I forgot about the termination aspect. Guess I need to be on the lookout... in the end, it seems like cables + terminators + adapters is going to cost me more than all of the drives did together. I can't seem to find a "good" deal on ebay, it seems like more sellers are doing the usual: rip the buyer off on shipping.

like this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31494&item=6759717800&rd=1
shipping is nearly 2x as much as the item itself- and shipping on each additional item is the same as the item itself, plus I'd get charged tax! I just hate sellers that do this- rip a person off on shipping.

or this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11160&item=5185127048&rd=1
freaking $10 for shipping! no wonder no one is bidding on it.

the only pack deal I can find is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42304&item=5185329984&rd=1
and even then, it the price seems quite high.

maybe I'm just doomed to order off of ebay no matter what though.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
ahh, no wonder I couldn't find it; I was looking for "scsi 80 68" and those had "80F" and "68F" instead hehe.

well, still, a bump, in hopes I can get the other stuff.

Back