WTB: T-mobile HTC HD2, or UMA capable phone

Jawadali

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi folks,

I am looking to buy a T-mobile HTC HD2. Since I have been using Windows Mobile 6.1 for the past few years, this will be a "transition" device that will let me get a feel for Android and Windows Phone 7.

Alternatively, I am looking for a phone that supports UMA, or Wi-fi Calling. I recently moved from PA to WI, and T-mobile service is almost non-existent in my apartment. Examples of phones that support UMA are the Nokia E73, a number of the T-mobile blackberries (8120, 8320, 8520, and beyond), and even some "Dumb" phones from Nokia and Samsung.

Also, many of T-mobile's Android phones have Wi-Fi calling (which is a software version of UMA), but most of the newer ones are probably out of my price range. I'd consider offers on these as well.

This is somewhat of a "feeler" WTB thread - I have been passively looking for these things for a while now, so I figured I'd make a thread. Please let me know what you have to offer and your asking price. Note that at the moment, either of these things are "nice to haves", so I am not looking to spend a ton (although I will factor in age/condition/model into any offer).

I have heatware under Jawadali, and prefer to pay via non-CC paypal. I am open to other payment methods as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a t-mobile shadow II, which has UMA, but it also has windows mobile on it lol

sell for real cheap

*edit*
Also, I have a E73 mode nokia

Last edited:
Thanks for the bump.

danyune, please feel free to PM me any additional details. These would be decent backup options in case I can't find an HD2.

Bump.

Ronbo, I'll have to do a bit more research on the HD7. Depending on it's software flexibility, I may get in touch.

HD2 is a great phone, I have both Android and Windows Phone 7 on mine.

On a side note: Grooveip (android app) + google voice. Allows you to use any android phone to call over wifi using a google voice number.

Thanks for the tip.

My main issue is incoming calls. T-mobile has an official Wi-fi calling app on their android phones (and I think some people have gotten it to work on other phones such as the HD2). Although it should be good enough, it does not seamlessly hand off calls between Wifi and GSM like phones with Hardware UMA.

PMs replied. Still looking for an HD2 though.

I get exactly what you looking for. Its in excellent condition and unlocked, box, AC adapter, ear phone and manual. Its also have android 2.3.7 installed. PM if you interested

peace of an advise look for another device ....

The HD2 is super great device but unfortunately there is a problem with the digitizer (touch screen) it died all of a sudden!!! I did some research and found its a manufacturing problem. I order a replacement and watched some you tube to replace it (i found one from HTC them self!!!!) , but i guess its too much of hassle to replace.

I like the phone i have both the HD2 + the digitizer on my desk waiting for me to get enough courage to take the challenge :)

Best of luck

peace of an advise look for another device ....

The HD2 is super great device but unfortunately there is a problem with the digitizer (touch screen) it died all of a sudden!!! I did some research and found its a manufacturing problem. I order a replacement and watched some you tube to replace it (i found one from HTC them self!!!!) , but i guess its too much of hassle to replace.

I like the phone i have both the HD2 + the digitizer on my desk waiting for me to get enough courage to take the challenge :)

Best of luck

Thanks for the info. However, for now, I still want to try one out.

try to get the HD2 t-mobile edition it has more ram and inside hardware are better.

Best of luck finding one.

I do have an HD2, but it's not the T-Mo version. I had bought it eBay without checking it properly. I only realized it when I couldn't get 3g (only edge) on my T-Mo account.

Bump 4 u.

Thanks for the bumps, everyone.

That is what I have heard about the HD2, plus my carrier currently is T-mobile anyway.

I haven't had too much luck, so I may end up with a UMA phone if I don't find something soon.

I have a q6600 only ran for 2 weeks at stock, with a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu cooler with all the mounting hardware. 50 plus shipping.

I have a used T-Mobile HD2, that did have WM 6.1 on it and I used to run android off the SD card and now it is currently running ice cream sandwich off the NAND using a build from XDA. It has the latest radio updates, etc needed to flash it and Clockwork mod installed. What are you offering?

Bump. Leaning towards a UMA phone at this time (and am considering a couple offers).

Back