WTB/TF: 1997 or Newer Ford Ranger Extra Cab....or Equivalent Toyota

topcat989

Extremely [H]
I dun kilt my baby:(

Long story short, I had an older ranger, 1 yr ago ditzy girl txting and driving takes out my Pop's RAV4, smashes it into my old ranger, then pirouettes 180 around and parks on top of it:

Tom 8.jpg

Her insurance provides a decent settlement. I trade up, get this:

To.jpg

It was a 2000 Ford Ranger Xtra cab, 3.0 v6, 5 sp standard (stick) tranny, 163k miles. I got it for $3500 off a used car dealer lot. One owner, and he babied it. Interior immaculate. Like factory new. In the 13 months I had it, it just needed a new water pump.

What happened:

Hit black ice, did a Blues Brothers cop car crash into guardrail. Totaled.:(:banghead:

What I'm looking for:

The same thing. The truck, not the accident. Of course I'm scouring Craigslist, but it's been a month and no truck has made the grade yet on conditions and/or price. Open to Ford Ranger or Toyota. Possibly Nissan. If you have a GMC or Chevy small truck you can try to talk me into it. I'll be skeptical, though.

It's possible I may be open to a single cab larger truck, such as Ford f150. Doesn't hurt to reach out if you have one for sale. I'll think on it. Really, strongly, prefer small truck like Ranger though.

Must haves:

Extra/club/super whatever they call it cab. Single cab is dealbreaker, no flexibility on this.

Less than 175k miles. If you really are willing to give me one heck of a deal, AND convince me truck is very reliable, I'll consider going over.

Body in good basic condition. I'm open to say a front fender being dented big time as that can be replaced without too much hassle. But damage all over or the bed? Nope. Small dings and scratches I understand, just not looking to deal with major body work.

Wants, but flexible:

Engine: Really want a 6 cyl. This almost went into the "Must Haves" section. Would be willing to take a 4 banger under narrow circumstances, such as ridiculously low mileage. Or price. The Ranger 4 bangers are known to be more fragile and not last as long as the 6cyl, so it's not just about power requirements, though that's a factor as well.

Transmission: Really prefer a stick, but willing to go automatic.

Color: I'd really prefer white, but I'm open to other colors

Running Condition: Would prefer perfect running condition, but flexible to a point. I just don't have the time, space, or money really for an extensive project vehicle. So if the engine is blown, the tranny is gone, and the electrical system is fried, no go. Now if it's something like everything works great except it needs a new clutch, we can work that out.

Location: West Texas, willing to travel (some). I went to Austin for the white ranger, so willing to travel. Obviously the less the better, but....*shrug*

Budget: Around $3500. Look at the specs on the white ranger I'm replacing, and what I paid for it. Hoping to get another in the same ballpark on it's condition and price.

What I have to trade: Many parts that fit 2006 ford powerstroke diesel. Too many to list, but I'm talking turbo, high pressure oil pump, front engine faceplate, oil cooler, and many many more.

Some woodworking equipment such as bandsaw, delta tablesaw, delta lathe, and more. Too many small wood tools and jigs to list.

Antique tools: Planes, wood rulers, hammers, squares, levels, scribes, drills, and more. Wayyyy too many to list. Some of these tools are worth $hundreds.

Conclusion:

PM me if you have offers, questions, or suggestions. Thanks for looking.

As said, I'm already scouring Craigslist. The reason I ruled out this choice is because the bed dimensions won't fit the camper shell I have. Need the Normal bed, not stepside.

As an FYI, the beds are super easy to swap on these things. 6 bolts, wire clip for the tail lights and 4 screws for the fuel filler neck. You may be able to find the right truck and a junk yard bed. Bed weight is ~120 pounds? it was simple with 2 people.

Back