WTT: (2) 36gb Hitachi 15k U320 SCSI SCA 80pin for 68pin drives!

fubar569

[H]ard|Gawd
at this point im at my wits end with these.

I have a Adaptec 3400S 4ch U160 controller card. using 80 to 68pin adapters has these locked at "async 3mb/s" speed and unusable. the drives themselves have been refurbed and have a date sticker of Jan 2006. they are matching drives and function flawlessly otherwise. It just seems that with my configuration they will not work with the 80 to 68pin adapters no matter what i do...if you have any tips, GREAT...if not, read below...

that being the case, i'm hoping to find someone willing to swap these drives for 68pin equivalents (36gb U160/320 15k) straight up. Brand doesnt matter as long as the 2 match capacity and speed (not a mission critical server)...each person to pay respective shipping. if i cannot find a person willing to do this, i might either consider more 68pin 18gb U160/320 15k drives OR maybe adding other merchandise. I have some older stuff laying around that someone might be able to put to use.

PM
AIM: sharkbodyvette
MSN: [email protected]
email: [email protected]

feedbacks:
heatware - fubar569
ebay - lipper540

also, if you're looking for a laptop, check my FS thread!

What jumpers are on the SCA adapters, and as per my PM, are there any jumpers on the drives themselves? Check the bottoms.

I *think* I have two more SCA adapters I could send you. They'd be my last two, but no big deal since I haven't used them in forever. I can't guarantee their quality or anything, it would just be to try for giggles. I just have to find them first, and make sure I still have any.

i replied to that PM...but there are no jumpers on either drive anywhere, and i just used the positions on the adapters to set a different ID but since they are all on a different channel that didnt matter. with no jumers It defaulted to either ID 0 or ID 1 and did this with all of my 18gb drives to verify (they worked) and even with the single working 68 pin 36gb thats in there...has no jumpers either...

I've located my last two SCA adapters, would you like me to send them off? Free of charge, just PM me your address again :)

If nothing else, I have no problem buying the drives back from you at the same prices we had then.

Did this 3MB/s symptom only manifest recently?

i just installed them a couple days ago...never used till then...sat in antistatic wrap the whole time and transported gently...

i removed them and just put the 2x18gb drives in for now for XP and 1x36gb for win98/backup...

the offer to buy them back is nothing short of awesome. never expected that from a seller at ALL...lets hope we can sort this out first. I dont think it is the fault of the drives but rather the fault of configuration or the adapters or something else...

we'll work through it though...and thanks so much!

Back