WTT: 4x 8GB DDR3 ECC (Samsung)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Shade

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

My work decided to give some stuff away that we no longer need or would even be worth the cost of selling, so I picked up some sticks of DDR3. Unfortunately, the servers I run in my colo only run DDR2 ECC, so I can't use these. These came from a working pull of a Dell R900 that was on lease and we purchased RAM after-the-fact to give it more oomph. Now that the lease is up, we removed the memory and it's been collecting dust ever since.

So.....

I'm willing to trade four (4) 8GB DDR3 1333MHz (PC3-10600) ECC REG modules for 8GB DDR2 (PC2-5300) 667MHz ECC REG modules. I realize the market for DDR2 is dwindling and the prices for these things are outrageous, but I have empty slots in my server and I want to max it out. An alternative trade I could be interested in is a Quad Core 775 processor (processor only or with heatsink) Q6600, Q8300, Q9500, etc., preferably the best processor for home virtualization.

eBay/Heat in signature.

Last edited:
Bump -- may be interested in partial trades for a 775 quad core processor (will not be overclocked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back