x-fi question

creepcolony

Limp Gawd
ok so i just upgraded from an old sb live to an x-fi extrememusic. i noticed practically no difference at all, maybe even a little worse. oh well, that's not the point of this post.
on my old card i had a "pink" input for my mic and a "blue" input for my tv tuner sound thing. on the x-fi, i noticed it only has a single input for both my mic and my tv tuner. this means i can't have both connected at the same time. anyone know how i can fix this problem?

You could use a "Y" adapter.

Make sure you have the X-Fi in the appropriate mode for what you are doing. There is a huge difference in gaming with that X-Fi card. It supports 128 3d Hardware accelerated voices and if you play a game like BF2 that can put them to use, it is a huge improvement over a Live with it's 32 3d hardware acclerated voices in both terms of audio quality and host CPU load.

what kind of speakers do you have? I have klipsh promedia ultra 5.1s and noticed a very large improvement in music and game playback (coming from an Audigy 2)...even more so when I started playing around with the crystallizer thingy...

i have altec lannsing vs2221 speakers and a plantronics gamecom1 headset. not the greatest of course, but i still expected to hear a difference.

also met-al, would you be so kind as to link me? would appreciate it.

when i went from my old sound card with my logitech $20 headset and mich, to the x-fi i noticed practically no diff, but when i got my new headphones i tested with x-fi and onboard, there was a giant diff, you just need better quality headphones such as a nice pair of senn's, dt770's, or at's to notice a difference

creepcolony said:
also met-al, would you be so kind as to link me? would appreciate it.

Link you to a "Y" adapter?
LINK

You can pick one up at about any store such as WalMart, KMart, Shopko, etc.

I am trying to avoid the same predicament that you are in with your TV Tuner. I have an All In Wonder ATI card and it transfers the audio over the PCI buss digitaly, so there is not patch cable needed. I am looking to replace that graphics card with a new graphics card and a add on TV tuner. I want to find one that does the audio the same way over the PCI bus instead of a patch cable for this very reason.

creepcolony said:
ok so i just upgraded from an old sb live to an x-fi extrememusic. i noticed practically no difference at all, maybe even a little worse. oh well, that's not the point of this post.
on my old card i had a "pink" input for my mic and a "blue" input for my tv tuner sound thing. on the x-fi, i noticed it only has a single input for both my mic and my tv tuner. this means i can't have both connected at the same time. anyone know how i can fix this problem?

Connect the TV tuner with a standard CDROM internal audio cable. The connectors will conenct all 4 pins on the tuner card to the 4 aux/line input pins on the x-fi. (Thats how I connected mine).

Back