X-Qpack Question.

CmaN3

Limp Gawd
I'm building a cheap rig for a buddy of mine, and he decided that he wanted a qpack. I'm getting him an X2 5000+ Black edition, only becuase it comes with 2gb of ram for cheap. Now the problem is, It doesnt come with a HSF. He wont be doing any overclocking, just general usage, but I dont know how big of a HS i can fit. I'm looking at getting him this, just something cheap. Anyone know if it will fit or not? And if it wont(or wont be sufficient for his CPU), could someone link me to something cheap that will fit and work.

Thanks.

i couldn't say for sure, but that looks pretty much indentical to the stock quad-core intel cpu i pulled out my qpack.

It fit like a charm! I couldn't comment on if it'll do the job you're after however... I'll leave that upto the more knowledgable!

I forget what the vertical limit was... 75mm without cutting the brace sounds about right.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks guys. Anyone else know for sure if it will do the job? I want to make sure that it will fit and have enough power to cool it before I order.

Thanks.

The Zalman 8700 is only 67mm high. Its supposed to be pretty good hsf. I wonder if it would fit inside the Qpack? The XP-120 is only 63mm high. Its an older design though. It might fit.

After searching for a while I found that your cpu cooler has to be less than 7CM tall.

Thanks guys.

Back