X1650Pro woes

Whitebread

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm having problems with my X1650Pros outputs. On the VGA side, I get no picture. The computer and the monitor recognize each other but the monitor goes to sleep and wont wake up. A "no signal" error is not displayed and the second monitor is visible under display properties. I can change resolution, color bit depth, refresh rate, etc etc. I first noticed the problem after switching around some cables and messing with the resolution on my secondary (VGA) monitor. When I restored everything to its normal 1680x1050 state, the secondary monitor would not display anything. I tried a different monitor and different cable on the VGA output and got the same no picture problem. I then tried the secondary monitor with a different computer through the VGA interface and everything worked fine. The VGA output on my X1650Pro is not working.

On the DVI side (same resolution) the computer now refuses to display its post information on startup. The primary monitor doesn't even wake up until the startup process reaches the login screen.

I've already taken the card out of the computer and cleaned everything with compressed air. What gives? Am I going to have to get a new card? :(

Thanks

Back