x1800gto

CletisMckloskey47

Limp Gawd
currently i have an aging 9800pro and i have been looking around and came up with this card as my next upgrade. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814161004
i am on a limited budget of around 270 so no x1900xtx or 7900gtx. due to recent reports of enabling this card to unlock itself to 16 pipelines, i thought this would be a good choice. is this a good card that will last a year or two until i upgrade to a dx10 card?

For a little more you can have an X1800XT, which would perform better than even an unlocked GTO.

well , you kept the 9800 for so long , whats another ~8 months gonna do ?

just keep saving your money for a good dx10 card

well if i do upgrade soon, would the x1800gto or the 7600gt be better in the long run(as in lasting for a year or two)

hmm ,

get a used x850xt , you can pick that up for about 140,

it should hold you over till the dx10 cards ,but if you want a better card ,go for the x1800xt at least

Just tell me to shut up if your already aware of or planing on this but you will need a new motherboard with PCI Express.

not for me. i have the asrock dual sata2 which has agp and pcie on it. if you were not aware, it is posted in my sig.

CletisMckloskey47 said:
not for me. i have the asrock dual sata2 which has agp and pcie on it. if you were not aware, it is posted in my sig.

Sorry, completly overlooked that, I'll go hide now. :D

its all good.

i think that what i might do now is wait a bit till summer and see what the plans are for dx10 and compatable cards. from then i will decide.

If I had the extra cash I'd snag one of these. As far as I can tell, they are honestly just X1800XL's that are being sold as GTO's:

http://www.connect3d.com/products/pcie_x1800gto.htm

Extract:

321 million transistors on 90nm fabrication process
Sixteen pixel shader processors
Eight vertex shader processors
256-bit 8-channel GDDR3/GDDR4 memory interface
CrossFire Multi-GPU Ready

hmmmmmm. i will look into this. i am currently thinking about bidding on an x1800xt 512 mb on ebay. they are around 200 dollars on ebay but they are the unit only. i will keep this in mind.

I would go for an unlockable X1800GTO.

Even if you're stuck w/ 12 pipelines, it's still better than a 7600GT imo.
(especially in Oblivion)

Back