X1900GT stolen!

h41cyon

Weaksauce
ZipZoomFly was having a pretty good deal on a connect3d X1900GT card for 124.99 after rebate.

I jumped all over this deal and ordered one over the weekend. I got two day shipping because I really wanted to play with this thing, and for only 3 bucks extra, why not?

The shipping method was "Fedex 2day" and was scheduled to arrive at my apartment on wednesday.

I ended up getting out of class early on wednesday at around 2:30pm and checked the tracking number for the video card on fedex's website. It said the package had been delivered at 11:23am! I was so excited I ran home and to my surprise, the package was nowhere!

I had assumed that a signature confirmation was required since the card was originally almost 200 dollars and that someone from the main office downstairs signed for it and is holding it for me. Turns out ZZF doesn't like dealing with signatures and pre-authorized the drop-off outside my apartment door.

The way my apartment complex works is there is a keyed door to gain access to the building and internal hallways that go all the way up to the 10th floor. I am on the second. According to the fedex representative, the delivery man placed the package outside my apartment door in the 2nd level hallway in what he considered to be a "safe location" for the package. What must have happened was, in between the time that the package was left outside my door (11:53am) and the time I came home (2:30pm) someone either on my floor or walking through it must have grabbed my package.

My hallway is anything BUT a secure location, they're are people going in and out all the time, and it seems like a lot of the people on my floor have a lot of friends that are always coming and going as well. All that traffic plus my nice shiny ZipZoomFly package sitting prolly square in the middle of the hallway was just a bad combination.

So, considering the fedex guy said he left it outside my door, does that really qualify as secure? True the building is "secure" from the outside, but that doesn't mean my package was secure from the people INside the building! How much of a chance do I have of getting my money back from this?

Anyone else experience anything similar?

..I've already called ZZF and started a claim, which may take up to 4-6 weeks! :mad:

well i have no idea what they will do for you.. i always wondered the same thing. My guess is they will be pissed that you didn't leave special instructions with your shipping address. lets hope they refund/resend but how are they suppose to know that you didn't really get it.

Check with some of your neighbours and give fedex a call and see what they can do. but again that will probably take 4 to 6 weeks. Since this is mainly fedex's fault. Check all around the complex and look down the halls and stuff

Issue a Chargeback with your credit card company while you still can.

That way you don't suffer the bill while ZZF works something out.

Fedex SUCKS for packages. I always use UPS, because they seem to always require a signature.
I was home one time and heard a knock and i was close to the door. I open it, a package is sitting there and the fedex guy runnin back to his truck. It doesnt matter if you live in a good neighborhood or not, you dont leave sh!t at the f'n dooooor!
The UPS driver is really cool and I have yet to receive a package without signing.(I order alot of stuff from newegg and always pick the UPS delivery)

file a claim with the BBB. That usually generates some attention and gets results a bit quicker. Did you pay by credit card? start a dispute with them as well, and let the CC company go after ZZF/Fedex.

To think a hallway of a 10 floor building is a "safe" or "secure" location for a package would require a nominal amount of brain damage.

I've never issued a chargeback before, what does that mean?

Its where you dispute the charge on your CC because you didnt receive your package.
I dont know how fedex can claim they delivered it, since they could put it on your porch, by your door, or kick it in the garbage for all legal purposes. The thing is you received it personally or signed for it.(Nor did anybody in the office?)

Just call your CC company and state you didnt receive the item and wish to dispute. You will be sent paperwork in a few days, fill it out, then return it. Then ya just wait and see.

A Chargeback is where the CC company refuses to pay ZZF for the product, on the grounds of it wasn't delivered as promised.

Sure, it's probably Fedex's fault, but this will pressure ZZF to get their ass in gear and do something with Fedex to cover the damage. Since Fedex doesn't have any PROOF that it dropped it off, like a signature or anything, you're pretty much in the clear for disputing this.

And I agree, Fedex sucks for packages. They've left my stuff outside in a tropical depression (the only one to ever reach Toronto in my Lifetime lol) and it was soaked to the bone. My OCZ Ram, which was cardboard side up, was so badly waterlogged, that I had to leave it in the oven overnight. It posted thankfully, but there's lots of trace rot on it.

I got my money back from filing a ChargeBack.

That's easy to steal though. Someone stole 4 big boxes of rims I ordered. At least 30-40lbs per box, which were left on my patio. DHL's claim service was quick and I got my money back within 2 weeks.

Issue a Chargeback with your credit card company while you still can.

That way you don't suffer the bill while ZZF works something out.

RipBoomLie won't help him... believe me, I know from a different experience where they sent me a faulty video card :mad: . Filing a chargeback is your best recourse against them, as they will run you around and lie to you, then attempt to rip you off when your complaints against them go boom when they develop a sudden case of stupidity.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller_info.pl?seller_id=1991&comment=254479#comment254479

This is my story. From more recent reviews, it appears I am not the only one who has experienced horrible service from them.

Ahh, I've never dealt with ZZF as they don't ship to Canada.

A Chargeback is a much better idea, or a Fedex Claim.

Just got off the phone with the credit card company (chase) and the process of filling a chargeback was effortless!

The guy on the phone stated that, "it is the merchants responsibility to get product to the customer" and promptly credited my account for the full purchase price.

So I'm happy! Except for the fact that I still don't have a video card to play with :(

Just got off the phone with the credit card company (chase) and the process of filling a chargeback was effortless!

The guy on the phone stated that, "it is the merchants responsibility to get product to the customer" and promptly credited my account for the full purchase price.

So I'm happy! Except for the fact that I still don't have a video card to play with :(

It is their responsibility in this case to file a fedex claim and get their money back, not yours. The CSR from your credit card company is correct :).

(nudges h41cyon toward newegg)

P.S. I recently ordered 4 keyboards for my mother from newegg. She lives in a good neighborhood, and UPS tracking said the keyboards had been left at the "frnt porch". However, the keyboards are nowhere to be found. I called newegg, and within 15 minutes including all hold times, was told they will file a claim with UPS to get the package to me, and if it isn't resolved with them within 3-5 days, they will send a new package out while they work with UPS. That's how it's supposed to work, unlike what ZZF is trying to do to you :(. The CSR was polite and pleasant to deal with, as well.

It is their responsibility in this case to file a fedex claim and get their money back, not yours. The CSR from your credit card company is correct :).

(nudges h41cyon toward newegg)

P.S. I recently ordered 4 keyboards for my mother from newegg. She lives in a good neighborhood, and UPS tracking said the keyboards had been left at the "frnt porch". However, the keyboards are nowhere to be found. I called newegg, and within 15 minutes including all hold times, was told they will file a claim with UPS to get the package to me, and if it isn't resolved with them within 3-5 days, they will send a new package out while they work with UPS. That's how it's supposed to work, unlike what ZZF is trying to do to you :(. The CSR was polite and pleasant to deal with, as well.

I agree, newegg.com is the best. I would rather buy from them then save a few dollars on some stores "special".

Just so that everybody notes the story two posts up -- UPS does the same thing. Unless a signature is specifically requested by the shipper, either company will just leave it at the door.

The best thing to do to avoid all of this is to make sure you can have it delivered to someplace where there is sure to be a live body to take care of it... your workplace... maybe the main office of your apartment complex. A bit more hassle, yes, but less than having to deal with a missing package.

usually if its something small then my stuff will be hidden somewhere or be placed on my back porch.

That sucks, definitely contact your credit card company. I have my stuff sent to my work for this exact reason.

the only persons fault it is, is the person who stole it, now that you have your money back, order it again, and in comments on your order, state that you require a signature,,..that way, if your not home, you can go down to the post office and pick it up

Just so that everybody notes the story two posts up -- UPS does the same thing. Unless a signature is specifically requested by the shipper, either company will just leave it at the door.

The best thing to do to avoid all of this is to make sure you can have it delivered to someplace where there is sure to be a live body to take care of it... your workplace... maybe the main office of your apartment complex. A bit more hassle, yes, but less than having to deal with a missing package.

Really? Everything ive ordered from newegg has had to have a signature.

love ZZF back when they use UPS insted of fedex, i use to order my stuff from ZZF insted of newegg cause back then newegg=fedex zzf=ups kinda wierd how they switched,
I pretty much avoid online stores that delivers with fedex.

Not for me. In a total of $17,000 I've spent at Newegg; never gotten a signature over the 4 years.

That wasn't the point. As I said, she lives in a good neighborhood, nothing has ever gone missing other than this one package, and she's not a new resident. In any case, the point was the way the merchant handled the situation when it went wrong. You can see in stark contrast the way RipBoomLie and Newegg do things.

I've used Newegg for the last 3 years, and I've never had to give a signature either. I don't even want to know how much money I've spent with them because it would probably depress me. I'm not positive, since I'm not into that sort of thing, but I'd imagine that a crack habit could be only marginally more expensive than upgraditis.

Not to turn this into a UPS vs. FedEx war, but I specifically use FedEx whenever possible and will pay extra for it without hesitation. I have never had a problem with FedEx. UPS is the main ingredient in the recipe for an unpleasant online shopping experience. The only time I'll go "Big Brown" is when I am sure I can flush it afterwards.

That wasn't the point. As I said, she lives in a good neighborhood, nothing has ever gone missing other than this one package, and she's not a new resident. In any case, the point was the way the merchant handled the situation when it went wrong. You can see in stark contrast the way RipBoomLie and Newegg do things.

I know. It was just that several people have acted like this is a Fedex problem. I was just using your example to point out that it is a general problem.

I used to work for a credit card company. If they don't have a signature you are covered and the item is not your responsibility to pay....that's even if you know who took it.

You need to be aggressive on this. My experience with ZZF support has been less than satisfying.

He already did a charge back i believe by his post, so he's in good shape. I work for a Retail Company that ships millions in UPS and our corporate agreement with them is that we require a signature... but the fact of the matter is THE ONLY person that controls that is the DRIVER. If the driver decides to leave it there then tuff shit. It happens all the time. So if Newegg requires a sig and you didnt have to sign for it that just means the driver didnt give a shit. I have had claims with ups where the driver entered shit like "man at location" for the proof of delivery or left on porch when the customer doesnt even have a porch rofl. Ups claims are also usually worthless unless u have insurance otherwise they will only credit the shipper 100 dollars max plus delivery. But dont get me wrong UPS for the most part kicks ass.. I can overnite a package at 6pm est and get it across the country by 8am pst the next morning 99.99% of the time for not much money for what its worth.

Back