X1900XT in Canada?

asmielia

Limp Gawd
Has anyone found an X1900XT for sale in Canada yet? It's a little annoying that all these US sites have them but nothing as of yet in Canada. A couple places have the cards listed for pre-order/coming soon, Infonec and Canada computers, but those prices aren't impressive.

Stupid stores pricing things using last year's exchange rate. You can find an XT in the US for $500US already, and we're stuck at $700CDN so far (Canada Computers - $860!!!), and the XTX is the same deal, $600US at Newegg and $800CDN.

We need more competition up here.

Please post any links if you find them.

Adrian

Monarch ships to Canada so if you buy it there you can get it at the going exchange rate. Not sure what method they use for shipping so you might get screwed on duties and taxes though.

Seems like NCIX has some sort of listing for the X1900's. I only found these while searching, not actually listed in stock yet.

X1900XT
X1900XT (C10??)

Those are good prices if they can actually make them available.

Adrian

asmielia said:
Seems like NCIX has some sort of listing for the X1900's. I only found these while searching, not actually listed in stock yet.

X1900XT
X1900XT (C10??)

Those are good prices if they can actually make them available.

Adrian

Those are pretty good prices. especially considering a 7800GTX 256 will run at about 650 in retail stores.

NCIX tends to adjust their price when they get stock. If as the inquirer says only 10,000 made so far, may be a while until us Canadians get any.

Only 10,000?! That seems like a lot to me. I mean, how many people actually buy such high end cards? Still, you'd figure they could send like 200 of those to Canada somewhere.

Overclockers UK alone got like 500-600 cards in for the first day!

Adrian

Majin said:
Premier Computer Canada
Best prices I have seen!
Sapphire X1900XTX - $774.99
ATI X1900XTX for $849.99
Hell they are selling a FX-60 for $1214.99 CDN.

What the hell? They say ETA: March for all the X1900 cards. What a load of crap. Someone should email them and tell them they have the worst suppliers in the history of the world.

PC Canada is normally good for getting stock soon after release too, so this makes no sense.

Adrian

gostriker said:
The crossfire edition is the cheapest.

Yeah, that pretty much makes no sense. Which is why I'm guessing they have no stock of anything.

Adrian

Don't think the AIW has even been released or reviewed yet. So I guess we can expect it in the next month if that place is accurate. :)

gostriker said:
Don't think the AIW has even been released or reviewed yet. So I guess we can expect it in the next month if that place is accurate. :)

The AIW 1900 should be out about a week, to 2, after the X1900XT's hit... that's not the point though... ALL of PCC's cards are listed as march... WTF?!! I was going to build a rig with them, all parts purchased through them for a deal. But not if I have to wait till March!

steviep said:
The AIW 1900 should be out about a week, to 2, after the X1900XT's hit... that's not the point though... ALL of PCC's cards are listed as march... WTF?!! I was going to build a rig with them, all parts purchased through them for a deal. But not if I have to wait till March!

I had emailed them earlier in the day to find out when they were getting stuff in, and basically, they had no clue. Hence the ETA:March. I'm guessing that's gonna change within the next day or two.

I don't understand how you can run a computer store and not be prepared for major new hardware? I'm sure if they had tried hard enough, they could have had plenty in stock for launch day.

Adrian

They usually do... They usually have things the second they hit the market. I think they are dropping the ball on this one - I'm certainly hoping the date changes.

When you get an ATI video card from Dell.ca, the price is lower than if you get the computer with an Nvidia card. The reverse happens at Dell.US In Canada, the ATI card prices should be much lower. There seems to be some serious price gouging happening.

Anyone get word back from PCCanada? I still haven't gotten a response.

Multiple different types of X1900XTs and X1900XTXs are now available at NCIX for pretty good prices.

Adrian

Still no date for the AIW variant anywhere... other than "March" on PCCanada :rolleyes:

Ncix has sold all of their cards - only in transit now. This means little as some things have been in transit for a month (ie the asus 512mb gtx). Hope this is not a bad portent of things to come.

I was talking to distrobuters today >< They said the X1900s are VERY limited stock in canada atm :<
on the otherhand I get my x1900xtx on tuesday ><

I like that NCIX has good prices, (bought a few things tonight off them AAMOF).

The only thing I hate about NCIX is that most products have ZERO discription, pics or reviews.

I like to know exactly what I am buying, they leave it up to the buyers to fill in details.

I live by NCIX and its great store but not always cheapest price. They are almost only store to have Opteron cores :) for cpus. Seem to get stuff quicker then the other computer stores around my area.

Atic can be very cheap, but from what I have seen and heard - make sure anything you buy has a warranty from the manufacturer. That said I bought parts for a system there and everything was good. Ncix seems to have more stuff in stock - this looks like supply will be plentiful.

Well... PC Canada has updated listings for the x1900 xt / xtx now, saying that they'll be in store on Saturday... not a horrible price either. But the AIW variant STILL says "March" :mad:

I put a down payment for an ATI x1900xtx at PC Cyber. they are only doing special orders and the price was right at $736.00.
1-2 weeks is the ETA.
P.S. I will be going from a system that has a MX440 to a dualcore system with this beast of a card in it. I just had to share.... :eek: :rolleyes: :p

jaggedsphere said:
I put a down payment for an ATI x1900xtx at PC Cyber. they are only doing special orders and the price was right at $736.00.
1-2 weeks is the ETA.
P.S. I will be going from a system that has a MX440 to a dualcore system with this beast of a card in it. I just had to share.... :eek: :rolleyes: :p

wow thats like jumping from the moon to mars =) nice upgrade for u

Back