X1900XT Stock Speed? Got some issues. -Help needed.

saku

Limp Gawd
ATi tray tools reads my x1900xt (256mb) as 500 core and 1188 mem, which I understand to be my 2D speeds. From what I understand, the card only shows the stock speeds when actively in a 3D program.

However, their lies a problem because when I run 3Dmark05 I get under a 6k score! Something is not right, because I got a better score with my 7600GT.

I just installed the latest ATi Tray Tools, and tried 3Dmark05 with default card settings and "performance" card settings and still get the same low score. Do I need to mess around with CCC or RivaTuner just to get the standard performance from this card?

Any advice?
Thanks.

3dmark05 is the best game in the world! I am addicted to playing 3dmark!

Dude, go play some GAMES and see what the difference is...and if you dont see one your blind.

If anyone has some actual advice as to how to get my card working properly I would appreciate it.

saku said:
If anyone has some actual advice as to how to get my card working properly I would appreciate it.

If you could do two things:
1. List your system specs.
2. Please run 3DMark 06 to allow for easier comparisons.

Remember, 3DMark scores can be thrown by things as insignificant as RAM timings, so don't put too much stock in it.

Okay thanks for the reply quadnad.

Specs:
X2 3800+
Foxconn 6150
2 x 1GB Corsair 3500LLPRO
160GB WD HDD 7200
500W Seasonic S12

I will try 06 and then maybe change my ram setting to default settings and see how that goes. Thanks again.

Also, do I understand correctly that you were using a 7600GT before and upgraded to the x1900xt after (meaning you left the rest of the hardware in the computer the same)?

If so, did you follow the instructions here in the videocard faq about switching from nVidia to ATi?

Yes all the same hardware except the cpu. But the cpu is running fine, I have checked its temps and installed all the necessary drivers, fixes, etc. I uninstalled all the previous nvidia drivers b4 installing any of the ATi ones. I assumed I would be okay after doing that.

I am going to install the newest CCC and see if that helps any.
I will also take a look at that FAQ and see if theres anything I missed. I will probably reformat later tonight bc I just installed the X2 also, that may solve some of these issues.

Thanks.

saku said:
Yes all the same hardware except the cpu. But the cpu is running fine, I have checked its temps and installed all the necessary drivers, fixes, etc. I uninstalled all the previous nvidia drivers b4 installing any of the ATi ones. I assumed I would be okay after doing that.

I am going to install the newest CCC and see if that helps any.
I will also take a look at that FAQ and see if theres anything I missed. I will probably reformat later tonight bc I just installed the X2 also, that may solve some of these issues.

Thanks.

Ahh yes, reformatting after the installation of a dual core proc is a good idea. Drivercleaner is also a must when installing new drivers but more importantly after switching nvidia->ati.

I'd personally do a reformat, going from single to dual core and nvidia to ATI.

At least use driver cleaner to nuke all traces of nvidia from your system.

***Follow the instructions to the letter, dont just run it***

Back