X1950 equivalent?

gaspah

2[H]4U
just wondering what would be equivalent to the X1950 in this gen of cards... I was thinking HD2600PRO or 3450.. i want something very close to equal power but not less.. but i'm really not familiar with ati cards.. the person whom im helping replace their card is an ATi fan, and so i only want an ati equivalent..

oh it needs to be cheap cas they're on a real budget..

What do you mean by equivalent? Equivalent performance wise? Equivalent line-up? Equivalent cost? etc.

And what is your friend's budget? I take it that your friend's X1950 is dead?

What do you mean by equivalent? Equivalent performance wise? Equivalent line-up? Equivalent cost? etc.

And what is your friend's budget? I take it that your friend's X1950 is dead?

yeah dead...

and going by performance wise

not cost, not line-up (by lineup i assume you mean best of this gen as the x1950 was the best 2 gens ago)

i suppose his budget is whatever i recommend... he really wants to go cheap cheap :p buying his x1950 made him sick LOL

my gosh.. searching around.. it looks like he has to go with the 3850... and his performance increase is negligible

it looks like he has to go with the 3850... and his performance increase is negligible

wrong. his performance increase will be substantial if he's going from a x1950xtx to a 3850 256. i was running x1900xt cf (when it actually worked with 8.x drivers) in my amd test rig and not only was i able to increase resolution in cod4(xp) and gow(xp) to the next wide screen standard (1440x900 to 1680x1050), but i also gained frame rates across the board.

my gosh.. searching around.. it looks like he has to go with the 3850... and his performance increase is negligible

Which x1950 did your friend have? the XTX? GT? Pro? And what resolution is he playing at? Depending on the resolution and x1950 model, the HD3850 generally does have a substantial performance increase over the x1950XTX:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3151&p=9

Which x1950 did your friend have? the XTX? GT? Pro? And what resolution is he playing at? Depending on the resolution and x1950 model, the HD3850 generally does have a substantial performance increase over the x1950XTX:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3151&p=9

x1950 sapphire XTX ;)

he's still playing @ 1280x1024

i've tried my best to influence him into getting a 22-30" widescreen to no evail :D

so yeah this should suit him quite well... so i ordered it for him, i wouldnt mind checking it out either... pretty good really @ AU$150 for that kind of perfformance.

Back