x1950xt $277 @ ewiz.com ?

Seems halfway between the 1950xtx and 1950pro, and at an okay price for a pro. I'd *definitely* request clarification before taking any action, as I didn't think such a product existed.

silentcoercion said:
Seems halfway between the 1950xtx and 1950pro, and at an okay price for a pro. I'd *definitely* request clarification before taking any action, as I didn't think such a product existed.

i've been researching, and evidently it was a silent launch

seems like a killer card, but there is no reviews of it anywhere!! 1800mhz ram, that's hot imo, but that cooler, not hot

It's 1900xt with faster ram... This should be close 512meg versions of the card speed wise...

Interesting...

The official AMD/ATI site doesn't appear to recognize the card (at least on the product comparison page), but a number of e-tailers have it, and sapphire's site has it as well. I *think* it has the 1950pro style of crossfire connection, which would be seriously sweet, but I'm not sure, based on sapphire's site. Hrm. Anyone have confirmation one way or the other?

silentcoercion said:
Interesting...

The official AMD/ATI site doesn't appear to recognize the card (at least on the product comparison page), but a number of e-tailers have it, and sapphire's site has it as well. I *think* it has the 1950pro style of crossfire connection, which would be seriously sweet, but I'm not sure, based on sapphire's site. Hrm. Anyone have confirmation one way or the other?

i'm pretty sure it would be old fashioned cf, which doesn't look like a good deal, cuz i dont' think there are any cf x1950 256mb floating around

i'm getting this info from the pics on site linked in the 1st post

Marvelous said:
It's 1900xt with faster ram... This should be close 512meg versions of the card speed wise...

Or possible x1950xtx with slower ram?

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=169&grp=3

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=167&grp=3

Sounds like a nice card to pair with, say, the dell 3007.

HDCP, 2560x1600, duallink dvi, vivo, 1.8ghz memory, same damn core and probably ram on it as the x1950xtx. This reminds me so much of the X800GT02 -> x850xt-pe

:)

More like a faster X1900XTX. Because its using GDDR3 not GDDR4 that the X1950XTX uses but it does use the same R580+ core that the X1900xtx and X1950xtx uses not the RV570 core that the X1900pro uses. This looks to be a killer card for the price.

[BRO]Alaskan said:
More like a faster X1900XTX. Because its using GDDR3 not GDDR4 that the X1950XTX uses but it does use the same R580+ core that the X1900xtx and X1950xtx uses not the RV570 core that the X1900pro uses. This looks to be a killer card for the price.

According to sapphire, it uses GDDR4, R580+

From the MANUFACTURERS website :

Features
* 384 million transistors on 90nm
* fabrication process
* Up to 48 pixel shader processors
* 8 vertex shader processors
* 256-bit 8-channel GDDR4
* memory interface
* Native PCI Express x16 bus interface

From the VENDORs website

Specification
o Mfr Part Number: 100186
o Chipset: Radeon X1950 XT
o Engine Clock: 625 MHz
o Video Memory: 256MB GDDR4
o Memory Clock: 1.8 GHz
o Memory Interface: 256-bit
o Bus: PCI Express x16
o RAMDAC: 400 MHz
o Pixel Shader Processors: 48
o Max. Resolution: 2560 x 1600
o Connectors: Dual DVI, VIVO (HDTV ready)
o Thermal: Fansink
o Support ATI CrossFire Technology
o Support Microsoft DirectX 9.0, Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0
o Windows Vista ready
o Package: OEM

CyberDeus-RagDoll said:
According to sapphire, it uses GDDR4, R580+
You are correct I got the GDDR3 from a review of the card. I did say it had the R580+ which has 30% more pipes than RV570. Still an awsome card for the money

[BRO]Alaskan said:
You are correct I got the GDDR3 from a review of the card. I did say it had the R580+ which has 30% more pipes than RV570. Still an awsome card for the money
do you have a link to the review, i can't seem to find a real one anywhere

Heh, go to Toms. There's a review of Sapphire's x1950xt right on the front page.

Except, if you actually read the article, you find out that it's yet another case of poor proofreading, and that they're really reviewing the x1950xtx, weeks after everyone else. Hey, at least it ups their page views, or something.

Back