x1950xt not being detected?

TheHalvie

Weaksauce
Hey guys, I have a x1950xt and I don't think its being detected properly. If I go into the catalyst it shows the memory at 550mhz and the core at around 500mhz. It is supposed to be quit a bit higher than that. Also if I go into devise manager it shows up as "x1950 series". It shows up the same in all 3dmarks as well.

When I installed it I just installed the newest drivers from ATI's website I didn't put in the cd that came with the card. Is this normal and just showing 2d clocks, or is there something wrong with the card?

thanks
Troy

ATI drivers down clock/volt their cards in 2d mode, for reduced noise and power consumption.. When you start a 3d app they ramp up to their advertised speeds.. It's normal, don't worry about it..

Search is your friend..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustratingReview.asp?item=N82E16814102067
<I>
Other Thoughts: The card had a 2D and a 3D mode. My card runs at 500/594 in desktop mode, and 621/1800 in 3D mode. Before you start complaining, read some reviews, go to the company website and read. People have been complaining about this issue since this card was released. There are forums full of people saying WOW this thing only runs at 500/594. As hard as it may be, try to become educated about the product you buy before you complain about the performance.</I>

dont worry about it, its just like intel's speed step, why use the fast clocks and get it hot when you dont need it?

Back