X2 3800+.....$239.99

as did I...are these people smoking something serious or what? it's an $80 discount minimum

Ditto. I'll roll the dice on this one. Too good a deal to pass up and a good reseller rating too.

This is crazy!
Buy as much as you all could!!
I got mine today so no more cpus for me for a while.
Buy them out [H]ers!

This is now on all the deal forums, so if it's a price mistake they will probably ALL be canceled.
Still they may have gotten permission/discount from AMD to clear out the Toledo cores?

Would appreciate OC reports since it is a Toledo core with higher thermal rating.

Early model or last of the stock? Hmmm...

I suspect there are some eagar kids on the deal forums purposely trying to overload their site to prevent too many purchases. Either that or it's an honest overload from a price mistake. Word does seem to be spreading fast.

Got my confirmation email. Hopefully they have business liability insurance and can ship at few at this price before canceling 1000 other orders :p

By the way, this is around the projected price on AMD's 2006 price list.

added: I have another thought, can we get someplace to pricematch this while it's still posted?

i got in on one also. dont really need it, but what the heck. i'll just retire my amd 64 3200+ that i just got during the summer.

What is there "standard shipping"? I cannot find the service they use.

Alright the site is working again... I ordered one. Hope it goes through. I think the price is supposed to be 329 instead of 239...

Darakian said:
What is there "standard shipping"? I cannot find the service they use.
I think it might be UPS, because it says if you want it shipped to a PO box it can't be shipped with UPS, but I don't know.

Ok thanks, just ordered mine, I checked on reseller rating and some guy mentioned UPS being the service as well.

ChingChang said:
Alright the site is working again... I ordered one. Hope it goes through. I think the price is supposed to be 329 instead of 239...
yeah thats sounds right. they probably messed the placement.

according to the rig in my sig, how much would this improve my system, for GAMING mainly?

Cool.. I was putting off an X2 for quite awhile now.. and I am very glad I happened to check the forums tonight before going to bed.. Thanks to whoever posted this :D . Time to sell the ol venice.

Thank you for placing your order with PC Direct.
Please keep a copy of this receipt for your records.
If you have any questions, please give us a call toll free at (800) 453-9444.

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXX
ORDER NUMBER: 105XX3
DATE: 11/1/2005
SHIPPING METHOD: Standard Delivery (1 To 5 Business Days) PAYMENT METHOD:
Visa: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX 12/2008

QTY DESCRIPTION PRICE EA. EXT.
------ ----------------------------------------- ---------- ----------
1 AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 3800+ CPU (2.0 $239.99 $239.99

SUBTOTAL: $239.99
SHIPPING: $9.62
TOTAL: $249.61

I really dont have $250 to spend right now.. but if I receive my X2, i'll figure out a way to pay.. for $250 its worth a shot..

Will this be better for gaming for me with my current system in my sig?
No, you will see a decrease in frame rates with the X2 3800, however you will be able to burn a dvd and play your favorite game (at the same time) a whole heck of alot smoother...

ShiShKaBoB said:
No, you will see a decrease in frame rates with the X2 3800, however you will be able to burn a dvd and play your favorite game (at the same time) a whole heck of alot smoother...

then I will not order one, if its not worth the money for gaming.. I am trying to go SLI as well.

Well its a good way to get on the map.. dont you think.. Im going to give them a call tomorrow morning.. (well later today) and see if things are still going green for me ;)

I ordered one, even though I already have a 3700 SD at 2.64, I'll take a dual core processor at a $100 discount.

That's the exact one I wanted to use for my first build up.

Great timing, picked myself up one! :D

just placed my order. Hoping for the best. I've been eyeing a Dual-core build ever since the x2 3800+ came out.

ordered mine as well :)

this is why i love this forum, i have been checking for a Hot deal on one of these for a few months now.

Damn it all, I so do not need one of these. That price is really really tempting though...I hope it holds up for you guys.

ShiShKaBoB said:
Well its a good way to get on the map.. dont you think.. Im going to give them a call tomorrow morning.. (well later today) and see if things are still going green for me ;)

Okay, rule #1 when doing deals that are possible price mistakes:
NEVER CALL THE VENDOR :eek:
Unless basically you just don't want to get the deal and kill it for everyone.

I love the people who read that at OfficeDepot/Max/BestBuy has item abc at $xx when it should be $xxx. They call and sure, the item is in stock. They get there and mysterious they all have dissappeared (either removed by the manager or the employee realized wow I can get them all + employee discount)

Yeah, I can not really afford, but I had to bite. My order still says open. Please post as soon as anyone recieves confirmation of shipping. They are based in Ohio, so someone should be in at work soon to start process these purchases. *fingers crossed*

X2 #2 :eek:

i figured for 250...ill just sell the 3500+ or throw it in a different system. great price!
too bad it will prolly get cancelled. :(

Back