x2 3800 new hsf

I just got two from newegg and Swear they look the same as the stock Sandy and Venice HSF's that I got awhile back. I just the two X2 3800's March 31st,2006

I believe mad shripm said they come with the 4400+ and higher. You can pick one up on ebay for ~$15 though.

no heatpipes, only the upper end models. (yeah, I felt gyped when mine came and I realized that too)
Buy a zalman 7700, you'll feel better :D

I owned a zalman 7000 before and it was big and heavy. Are there any options that are lighter and/or smaller?

Scythe Ninja is massive and fills up an ATX case but all the weight is at the bottom since the rest is aliminium and the bottom is copper and the weight is there so if you put the backplate on the mobo it stays there and it doesn't come off even though I thought it would when I bought it because I was scared at the share size. But it's a great HS and if you OC put a silent 120mm fan on it and the HSF works great. My 3200+ Venice OC'd to 2.7ghz keeps cool at 47C on load, and about 35C idle. Good HS and it's not that expensive. Beats the stock 3200+ HSF :p That ones so noisy :D

talon64 said:
I believe mad shripm said they come with the 4400+ and higher. You can pick one up on ebay for ~$15 though.

I can't find it. Can you please provide a link?

Keep an eye on this seller. From time to time he has the new revision heatpipe X2 coolers (80mm fan) for cheap. I got 2 from him last time for $25 shipped total.

Hawk said:
Scythe Ninja is massive and fills up an ATX case but all the weight is at the bottom since the rest is aliminium and the bottom is copper and the weight is there so if you put the backplate on the mobo it stays there and it doesn't come off even though I thought it would when I bought it because I was scared at the share size.
that is a massive sentence!

and you can buy one off ebay if you really want.

KompressorV12 said:
what do the new heatpipes look like?
It's a 4-pipe copper-base cooler with an 80mm 11-blade (I think) fan. Very quiet and does about as good a job as an XP-90.

can sombody please tell me what differnece between these two are?

link 1

link 2

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
samven582 said:
can sombody please tell me what differnece between these two are?

link 1

link 2
The first one is the NEW X2 heatpipe cooler with the 80mm fan (I was wrong earlier, it is a 5 blade fan).

The second one is the OLD X2 heatpipe cooler with the 60mm fan.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
fireburster said:
now he posts more. I just got one for 22 shipped. Oh well still good price.
Yeah, that's still a good price for a hsf that technically won't void a warranty and performs just as well as some of the more expensive but reknown aftermarkets.

talon64 said:

they come with X2 models higher than 3800+ and with Dual Core Opteron retail CPUs

Back