X48 Motherboards?

VE2007

Gawd
Hi all,

Which X48 Motherboards support the new Quadcore Q9450 without flashing the bios with 4GB of Ram.

The P5E3 series are they X48 Boards?

thanks

no they are not, they are P35 sreies. but the P5E3 Deluxe series are all X38, the Q9450 motherboard wil work on any motherboard that supports 1333MHZ FSB (Not overclocked or overclock mode)
But do make sure that the motherboard you purchase i updated with the latest BIOS's revisions or update it yourself!
All X48 Chipset based motherboards will support the Q9450, but make sure with latest BIOS updates!

More specs on Q9450: http://www.hardware.info/en-US/productdb/bGRkaJiXmJTK/viewproduct/Intel_Core_2_Quad_Q9450/

Yes, whoa Asus Rampage???
Sounds like another good overclocker friendly mobo to me like the Asus Commando and Striker Extreme Series:p

Yeh, heres the list:

Asus P5E3 Deluxe: X38 Chipset
Asus P5E3 Premium: X48 Chipset

Just letting those know as it is quite confusing!:D

I agree with Purple Lizard!
Go with the ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA..
Great board with good reviews.

The Rampage Formula is about identical to the Maximus Formula, just different NB and a few more memory tweaking options.

Luckily it's possible to cross flash a Maximus Formula to a Rampage Formula, which is what I did to get the additional BIOS tweaks. In simple terms, it's a Maximus Formula with a higher binned NB chip that "officially" supports 1600FSB.

It probably does fit, but you'd have to mount it sideways. The other thing you could probably do is change out the Northbridge heatsink.

Nice!!!! But it doesn't offer 3 way SLi and that Northbridge heatsink to the CPU mosfets are the most unusual I've seen!!!

X48 based boards don't support SLI at all. They only support Crossfire. For SLI, go for any Nvidia NF based boards.

I'm in doubt of buying a X48 mobo or a 780i one. My choices are Rampage Formula, DFI LP X48-T2R, P5N-T Deluxe and EVGA 780i SLI.
I'd really like a SLI capable mobo, though I could live without it if I find a better OCable mobo for a Q6600/Q9450.

I run a Rampage Formula (see sig). I switched mobos from a 680i (striker extreme) to this X48 about 3 weeks ago. I'm much happier with the X48 based system. I refuse to run SLI or Crossfire (ever!) so nvidia SLI support is not an issue.

I think the X48 so far has been a great board.

Skulltrail?

Reaons I'd never buy one:

1. Price of mobo + price of TWO QX9775s

2. Forced to use "strange" ram

3. Going to be beat hands down for gaming, and price, by a single socket Nelham early next year. (Nelham is a different socket so it won't be a possible upgrade to any 775 mobos)

I think the Skulltrail will still have a very small niche market for people who do super heavy video editing/encoding, but for gamers, even hard-core gamers, there is no reason to own one.

the dfi lanparty UT x48-t2r has the same thermalright cooler as the t3r on it. Hawt.

The price of a Skulltrail motherboard is rather high and might not be in his budget.
Also, doesn't Skulltrail need FB-DIMM ram? That might cost more too.

Ohhh sorry....I forgot about that:p

But with one of those...you'd behold a Gaming God machine beside your cabinet running 4 threads of 3DMARK 24/7 and obtaining scores of over 50000:D

Skulltrail?

Reaons I'd never buy one:

1. Price of mobo + price of TWO QX9775s

2. Forced to use "strange" ram

3. Going to be beat hands down for gaming, and price, by a single socket Nelham early next year. (Nelham is a different socket so it won't be a possible upgrade to any 775 mobos)

I think the Skulltrail will still have a very small niche market for people who do super heavy video editing/encoding, but for gamers, even hard-core gamers, there is no reason to own one.

FB DIMM is actaully the same RAM type used in Servers...also I wouldn't mind having one those if I had cash to burn...! How about you?

I'm in doubt of buying a X48 mobo or a 780i one. My choices are Rampage Formula, DFI LP X48-T2R, P5N-T Deluxe and EVGA 780i SLI.
I'd really like a SLI capable mobo, though I could live without it if I find a better OCable mobo for a Q6600/Q9450.

x48 supports Hybrid SLi... well yeah

Back