X800 Xl Agp**aiw**

I just got a x800xl aiw off of newegg today and am amazed with the overclocks it gets. With stock cooling I got 561 on the core and 603 on the ram with atitool. I put a zalman vf700 on and got up to 583/614. My 3d mark scores running at 545/580 are 12000 on 2003 and 6100 on 2005. It is a x800xt aiw with xl clocks. Mine came with 1.6ns Samsung ram too. If anyone has questions let me know and I will try to answer them. I have a quesion for anyone who has a x800 aiw card, how do you monitor the temps on this card? Thanks in advance.

If you can monitor temps then atitool can do it I believe,
congratulations on those overclocks, haven't seen anything close to those anywhere.

illgiveumorality said:
If you can monitor temps then atitool can do it I believe,
congratulations on those overclocks, haven't seen anything close to those anywhere.

Thanks...I tried doing it through atitool...but it just kept it at 0...I wish it was that cool lol. Do the aiw not have a temp monitor in them?

slipneo007 said:
Thanks...I tried doing it through atitool...but it just kept it at 0...I wish it was that cool lol. Do the aiw not have a temp monitor in them?

Unfortunately it doesn't look lke it. I've been looking everywhere how to get the temp and so far i have come up empty. These AIW from newegg are fucking sic* If you have the money, get them asap!

lyying said:
I've been doing some some search on the net... and from what I read, perhaps aiw x800 (both xl and tx) report temperatrue differently...
(See: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=2509 )

Also, i'm not too sure, but... does ATI Catalyst driver shows the card temperature?

They are the exact same card (even down to the 1.6 ns ram chips), I dont see why they would report differently, my device id on my xl aiw is 4a4b, the same as in that thread. I think the ati driver control panel shows the temp on the overdrive tab, but I dont have one of those, probably becuase of the xl bios.

Mine shows a 4a4b core as well. Seems like the steal of month if you ask me. The cheapest XT at newegg is 430.00. I got the xl for 25 less, plus it has the AIW if i'm so inclined. amazing!

i wasnt really sure what was going on with this card, but i guess i missed out by getting the full x800xt version :\

although..... the XT version has the pretty box and all the cables :D

newegg is selling it for $349 now :)

i just made my purchase~~~ ( though i live in Canada, i'll need to wait till next month for my friend to drive up here from US to bring me that card... T_T , but i promise to post a massive number of pictures and maybe even write a review when i receive it~~ )

hey i got my card friday :D have the same GS1.6ns ram and the x800 XT core. my question is about the AIW part of the card. what is the best program you know of to use for watching tv (the one they have, or a 3rd party one?) and is it a driver or card deffect to see small little black artifacts while watching tv? if i click refresh on the desktop they go away, but then come back. they are random in location though... one other thing if i run the tv tunner in see through mod there are no artifacts. this is all based one me using the drivers on the cd and the software they included. sorry if my post is gramaticly incorrect or whatever, just so hard not to watch sattelight tv at the same time :p

thanks in advance.

hey been playing with my new card for a while, but and i hate but's myself... but does this sound like an overheating problem (only with farcry [1.3 patch installed] the game will crash randomly and ill get a vpu recovery message. all drivers for every thing are of the lates release inculding mb drivers video drivers are cat 5.3 controll pannel non-CCC version.
im going mad, cant figure it out.

-=PESTILENCE=- said:
I'm saving up for a Radeon X800XT A-I-W, they just put em up on newegg. It's $476 i believe, only 50 bucks more that the regular X800XT, i think it's a great deal. And considering I have a 9600XT right now, i'd be looking at a HUGE performance jump, right?

Weirdo-Same situation here, its down to 459 free shipping until the 4th probably. Lowest its been since I started my watching. I will probably pounce this summer.

Back