X800 XL AGP for $206 at BB.

swy81

n00b
Best Buy is clearing out all of their x800 xl agp's. Most of the stores do not have anymore left. Since this is a clearance item, some of the stores are selling them at various prices ranging from 206 to 300 bucks. One of the bestbuy's in my county were selling them for 206, however, there was none in stock. Another one in my county had 1 in stock, but it was $300!!!!. I asked them if they could pricematch it but, they required proof. So I went to the bestbuy that was listed at $206 and asked the customer care for a invoice and receipt proof. I brought it to the bestbuy that had it in stock and they matched it. If you can find a store that has it, find another store that is selling it for $206 and asked them to give you an invoice and receipt as proof.

Maybe ATi is going to attack *again* at the mid-high end. Again because the XL was such a product, and I guess what would be considered mid-high is growing upwards. Good deal for those that can take part, thats a lot of card for $206.

Hmmm..

This hasn't been posted on any other deals forum...not so sure of validity. Any word on anyone else seeing this? The X800XL goes FOR $300 without any "clearence" price. Might have been just that one store running a clearance.

Why would they be clearing their X800XL's?!

doesn't make sense..i think you got lucky.

-fro

afropuff said:
Hmmm..

This hasn't been posted on any other deals forum...not so sure of validity. Any word on anyone else seeing this? The X800XL goes FOR $300 without any "clearence" price. Might have been just that one store running a clearance.

Why would they be clearing their X800XL's?!

doesn't make sense..i think you got lucky.

-fro

It's posted on slickdeals.net. The thing is, bestbuy is discontinuing this card because AGP is not in demand anymore. They're only carrying pci-e cards now. They're trying to get rid of all of the agps they have. Like I said before, the clearance price varies from store to store. Some places have it for 300, some have it for 206. And I'm not the only one who's gotten it for this price. Others have gotten it for the same price. Just check it out at slickdeals.net. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

well i'm pretty sure this was only run at the best buy here, but i've checked recently and the other one doesn't have AGP X800XL's either. I bought these when they were advertising them at $250.00 that one week in their flyer

I couldn't believe the price. So I bought all of them in stock...2. I'm guessing this was some kind of price error, but i wasn't going to complain.

x800xl%20receipt.jpg

danyo said:
well i'm pretty sure this was only run at the best buy here, but i've checked recently and the other one doesn't have AGP X800XL's either. I bought these when they were advertising them at $250.00 that one week in their flyer

I couldn't believe the price. So I bought all of them in stock...2. I'm guessing this was some kind of price error, but i wasn't going to complain.

x800xl%20receipt.jpg
Dude, you are so evil :( TEASE!

$206 is a good deal, but I'd pass on the $250...tax probably pushes it up to around $265..

-fro

I called 2 Best Buys near my house, one had them for $300 and the other had them for $282. I will call another one tomorrow. If I can get one for under $250, I will buy it on the spot.

spin03 said:
I called 2 Best Buys near my house, one had them for $300 and the other had them for $282. I will call another one tomorrow. If I can get one for under $250, I will buy it on the spot.

What I did was actually go to the bestbuy near my house and a really helpful guy from the geeksquad helped me. I gave him the sku # of the card and he looked it up in bestbuy's database system and it found what price each bestbuy near me was selling it at. The price it shows in the database is correct however, the inventory amount that each store supposedly carries is incorrect. The inventory info is most likely outdated and shows the incorrect info. What I did was call each bestbuy near my location and found one that had it in stock. I then went to a bestbuy that had it listed for 206 and got a printout of the receipt and inventory sheet so that I could use it as proof and brought it to the bestbuy that did have it in inventory for a pricematch.

If you can manage to sell just one of those they can afford to sell X800XL's for a nickel.

Picked on up today for $183.99 plus tax at the Chapel Hill Best Buy in Akron Ohio. Onyl one left after my purchase. Tag shows it is $227.99, but rings up $183.99.

For fun, click on that BB link for the $1k product, and click on the "compare to products in this price range"

got mine @ Circuit city after they price matched a low BB @ 239$ - and STILL gave me the 30$ mir
250 out the door with 30$ coming back
nice - just wish it Oc'ed better

Canon20d said:
got mine @ Circuit city after they price matched a low BB @ 239$ - and STILL gave me the 30$ mir
250 out the door with 30$ coming back
nice - just wish it Oc'ed better
ditto, if i could price match a 206... delicious :)

Mine wont' o/c for crap.

dolphumous said:

Thank you :)

For the lazy, they show a $400 6800 GT OC and a $200 X700 Pro... just the cards you were considering after budgeting $1000 for your video gaming pleasure.

(Personally, even if I had a $1000 earmarked, I'd definitely go with the GT!)

Back