X800 XL: Perfect for SFF?

Add 'em

Limp Gawd
I just read up on the X800 XL and it seems to me that this baby is the perfect fit for a SFF. Supposedly quiet with low heat output. Its $100 lower pricepoint (well MSRP, anyway) than the X800 Pro baffles me considering it outperforms the Pro hands down. Buy, hey, I'm not complaining. I think this would be a great card to finally move to PCI express with. Now, I just have to wait for Shuttle to get out a Socket 939 with PCIe.

if you can first, find one, and second, find one that actually retails at its MSRP, then yes, it will be perfect for SFF.

ATi cannot meet the demand, thus retailers are jacking up the prices, if they have any.

Yeah, unfortunate isn't it? Hopefully by the time I build my SFF (this summer) they will have come down in price.

well if they decide to take the plunge and add a bridge chip to it, to make it agp, i do beleive we all with a SFF will be in heaven :p

ATI I hope is well aware of the whole SFF community, and this would make the card sell even more. Not to mention if VIA does come out with a cross platform mobo, it would sell in an agp format. These companies I bleieve are making a false "want" for PCIe. They themselves have just come out with all these new agp cards that mos of us bought, only to show us "hey, time to buy PCIe". I feel like we are being alienated as a whole customer base.

I have one in my system right now. The Sapphire is audible, but not to the point of distraction. It comes with HSF similar to the x800. Nice and small but prolly a little louder than the reference. I think the BBA x800xl or one with the reference cooler will be the way to go.

NIVO said:
well if they decide to take the plunge and add a bridge chip to it, to make it agp, i do beleive we all with a SFF will be in heaven :p

ATI I hope is well aware of the whole SFF community, and this would make the card sell even more. Not to mention if VIA does come out with a cross platform mobo, it would sell in an agp format. These companies I bleieve are making a false "want" for PCIe. They themselves have just come out with all these new agp cards that mos of us bought, only to show us "hey, time to buy PCIe". I feel like we are being alienated as a whole customer base.

maybe... but the next 3 shuttles to be released are ALL PCIe (SN25P, ST20G5, and the SB86i).

yea, it will be a nice video card... im hoping comp-usa gets some in stock fairly soon..

Do we know for sure it will fit the newest shuttles ?

BTW is there a master list of which video cards will or will not fit into a shuttle. Saying it's "double wide" or something similar does not tell me which one's are not.

msny said:
Do we know for sure it will fit the newest shuttles ?

BTW is there a master list of which video cards will or will not fit into a shuttle. Saying it's "double wide" or something similar does not tell me which one's are not.

As stated above I have the x800xl in my SB81P which is the newest Chasis and it fits fine. Heck you'd be able to fit an Ultra or a X850 as long as you don't want to use the slot next to it. The P series on the Intel side is in BTX form.

wipedout said:
As stated above I have the x800xl in my SB81P which is the newest Chasis and it fits fine. Heck you'd be able to fit an Ultra or a X850 as long as you don't want to use the slot next to it. The P series on the Intel side is in BTX form.

Thanks for your reply !

Back