x800 xl source settings

swy81

n00b
Anyone have any ideas to keep the frames steady in counterstrike source.

I have the following:
x800 xl agp
Athlon 64 3000
1 gig ddr ram
gigabyte k8 triton mobo
coolmax 400w psu

When I'm playing counterstrike source, I'll be standing there and my fps will be in the 120's. But as soon as I start moving or when gunfights erupt, my fps will drop to the 50's and sometimes even into the 40's depending on how much action is going on. Some people have reported the same problems. However, others have reported getting constant high frames even with a lower end video card. :confused:

I have the latest omega drivers installed and I"m looking at the settings. V-sync is turned off. I've turned off all of the AA and whatnot to the bottom. Fastwrite is off as well. Any other video settings to suggest???

yopu should be playing at... 1600x1200 max settings 4xAA 16xAF smooth as silk...

Did you just build? Check your mobo it my have set your mem to DDR200 like it did mine, don't think it would bmake that much of a difference.

Programs running in the background?

What settings are you using?

EnderXC said:
Did you just build? Check your mobo it my have set your mem to DDR200 like it did mine, don't think it would bmake that much of a difference.

Programs running in the background?

What settings are you using?

Do I have to go into the bios to check my memory setting??

I'm playing it on 800X600 setting. Turned off the v-sync. The AA is turned down all the way to the bottom along with my other settings. The fps is so unstable. It'll be 130's when I'm just standing there. It'll drop all the way to the 40's and 50's during gunfights or when I start looking at random things.

O yah I forgot to mention.. no one get a constant high fps.. I have an athlon 64 3200+ clawhammer @ 3400+ speeds.. a 6800Ultra 1 gig ram.. and I get the same thing u do.... fps can be 100+ but when in battle.... it goes down... 40's or 50's depending on what is happening... so don't worry about it... it's normal..

aZn_plyR said:
O yah I forgot to mention.. no one get a constant high fps.. I have an athlon 64 3200+ clawhammer @ 3400+ speeds.. a 6800Ultra 1 gig ram.. and I get the same thing u do.... fps can be 100+ but when in battle.... it goes down... 40's or 50's depending on what is happening... so don't worry about it... it's normal..

Really? I play at 1680x1050, max settings, 4xAA and 8xAF and I only ever go into the 40's and 50's (otherwise it's 60-80) on maps like assault when there's like 5 people on screen shooting (and thats A64 3200+, 1 gig of ram and x850xt)...

tornadotsunamilife said:
Really? I play at 1680x1050, max settings, 4xAA and 8xAF and I only ever go into the 40's and 50's (otherwise it's 60-80) on maps like assault when there's like 5 people on screen shooting (and thats A64 3200+, 1 gig of ram and x850xt)...

yes really and it depends from map to map... assault.. is one of the maps where I found raped my athlon xp 3200+ with the same 6800U... on the athlon 64 system... the fps is average when walking around etc.. 80ish... and I find that different servers gives different fps.. yes weird.... but I play on checkyour6.net... gives the best ping/fps.... but that's just me. anyways in assault.. when i battle.... it drops to the 40's too... and 50's depending on how many people is in it...

i have x800 xl and i used to play 1600x1200 not bad but i bumped it down to 1280x1024 and in compound it goes into the 30's how bout yall?

That's the thing that irks me. My friend has a 9800XT and he has constant 90 fps in source. Our x800 xl's should be performing better but, they are not. Why are our fps dropping into the 50's????

i dont understand but if u have the answer then hit me up!!..... maybe he doesnt have it on all high quality.....or.....he has it high performance in the control panel or something.......this is a good card....not the best but a good card we should be seeing really good quality from this game....my BF2 doesnt drop this much im steady 60-70 on all high come one now!!!

my rig is in my sig.
i play css on 1280x1024 6xaa 16x all amx settings, 0 lagg :)

air2k5 said:
my rig is in my sig.
i play css on 1280x1024 6xaa 16x all amx settings, 0 lagg :)

well how many frames? how bout cs_compound

Back