X800 XT PE vs X1900GT

Devnull

[H]F Junkie
I am taking a look at the X1900GT on newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102022

They have also offered me an additonal $50 credit for a massive fuck up on their part. So I could basicly get thatcard for ~$100.

I can't find a head to head comparison. How much better is this than my X800 XT PE? I would love just the SM3.0 and HDCP support, but how much faster will it be in games like oblivion or quake4 etc?

I mostly just play at 1280x1024 on my LCD so I figure my best bet is to get the cheapest card that is better than my current one and then wait for DX10 to become a viable option.

its a significant jump across the board, it will run hotter by quite a bit though. I say get it and if your unhappy I will buy it. :D

Well, I decided to pull the trigger. Hopefully I will enjoy the card. My X800 XT PE is an AGP card(AGP is still in high demand, right?), so I think I may be able to break even by selling it.

Running hotter would be a blessing... It's been cold this winter! I have been folding 24/7 for months just to heat up my room a bit.

Well, I decided to pull the trigger. Hopefully I will enjoy the card. My X800 XT PE is an AGP card(AGP is still in high demand, right?), so I think I may be able to break even by selling it.

Running hotter would be a blessing... It's been cold this winter! I have been folding 24/7 for months just to heat up my room a bit.

LOL maybe you should really overclock the card and it will warm you up during the winter.

It's a definitely a step up... I can't say it's drastic but you will get to bump some AA. I did the same jump but for the life of me I can't really tell the difference between sm3.0 vs 2.0... Oblivion sunlight does seem like it's glowing but other than that nothing special.

Back