X800XL AIW AGP Video memory Issue

Commander X800

Weaksauce
Hi every,
I have as the title says a X800XL AGP video card that seems to have an issue with the video memory, the issue is this, when the memory on the video card is ran at defualt speeds (490-500) or (980-1000 DDR) there is a artifacting in 3D applications, so i decided to go out and test the most stable version of ATI tool for my card, seems to be version .24
testing with the application under 3d stress test if the memory is set to anything hihger than 420hmz (80mhz lower than defualt) there is instant artifacting with the detection tool and in 3d apps like games.

Current stable settings for the card are 500 core (defualt 400) / 415 mem (defualt 500)

AGP aperture size is set to 256mb, fast write: is turnd off while all other settings for video card are at defualt except vlotage set to 1.6 is that to high?

My question is this is this heat related or is it something worse like bad video card memory?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic info on my comp:

AMD 2600(333)
1G 2x512) Corsiar XMS pc7200 c2 (333)
Soyo KT400 Ultra plat edition (VIA KT400 Chipset VT8337)

AGP apiture size set to 256mb, fast write:eek:ff and other settings for video card are at defualt except vlotage set to 1.6

BBA X800XL AIW AGP
Creative SB audigy 2 value
Seagate 160gb 7200 drive
450watt with above recomended rails for all lines

sound slike your card is bad. RMA it.

and try different drivers and leave the case open. just to be sure

and turn your AGP aperture to 128MB.

well im stuck with the card, let me try turning down the apg ap size, the case has been off im using omega 5.7 drives

lowerd the aperture size from 256 down to 128, this fixed the dot artifacting issue as well as allowing me to run the video memory at defualt. However a new problem has come up with setting the AAS to 128 gta now suffers from spiky like texture along with triangle texure holes.
any solutings or ideas?

i set the gart back to 256 as i was noticing geometry anoms. Added to the fact that it didnt resolve my white dot issue. That being when i run the card at stock speed, there are white dots that randomly apearing in games. when i lower the memory speed from 490, to about 420 they go away. Adjusting the core clock speed doesnt do any thing to fix the problem. is this a defect with the card, MB, or power supply

No, unless you were an ATI engineer, you can't fix video cards yourself in that kind of situation. I second the RMA option.

Back