x800xl power consumption question

acidic

Gawd
I recently just ordered an x800xl, was wondering how much power it requires? I'm using a no name generic psu 300 watt that came with the case. So I'm kinda worried. Anyway it was able to run my 9700pro fine, how much more power would the x800xl demand?

acidic said:
I recently just ordered an x800xl, was wondering how much power it requires? I'm using a no name generic psu 300 watt that came with the case. So I'm kinda worried. Anyway it was able to run my 9700pro fine, how much more power would the x800xl demand?

I'm running one in a dell that was never intended to have a video card with a 275W PSU. It runs fine :D

Unless I'm misktaen, the X800XL does not require a power connection, meaning the power draw probably won't be a problem. I'd be a little iffy on anything ~250w, but anyhting higher than 250 should not have a problem powering the system in addition to the card.

ValeX said:
My X800XL needs a supplimental power input....

My old case had a 400W cheap ass psu. I had alot of misc junk stealing power in that system, like 4 cd/dvd drives, couple hard drives, nic cards, sound cards, fan controllers, etc etc etc......then i added the X800XL and I was having occasional crashes, due to undervolting the system....So, it'll be reallllyyyy close with your system, if you don't have alot of junk stealing power things will be alot easier for you, but remember that the ratings on cheap PSU's usually don't actually reflect what they can do......hope everything works out for ya! Good card indeed.

ValeX
Perhpas just the PCIe version doesn't require a power connection? Because I have an old one here on my desk with no power input.

Some pci-e ones need external power as well - at least my sapphire ultimate 512mb does... The box says 300 watt minimum - but that might not be running much else on the system.

Back