x800xl WC ??

swflbatth

Weaksauce
Has anyone tried water cooling an x800xl yet? I am tempted to water cool mine, except I am using an SFF system and don't want to make the neccessary mods yet. Anyway, the x800xl is a low-k proccess which I am guessing implies that it does a very poor job of giving off heat. Perhaps a WC solution could tap into some hidden x800xl power? If anyone has tried yet please post what your results were.

I believe the mounting system is the same as the 9800, so it shouldn't be much of a problem, also you can watercool an SFF without very many modifications at all...it all depends upon how much you want enclosed inside the case. If your GPU is the slot next to the side of the case I would suggest the Silverprop SL Fusion, it is only 19mm deep and is probably the slimmest and best performing GPU block you could buy that doesn't have 1/4" fittings.

The DangerDen Low Profile Maze4 might fit. 25.2mm tall:
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=161&cat=48&page=1

But it might not be worth it. I believe the X800 XL uses almost all the power the PCI Express can provide. And since almost all of them do not have a PCI-E power connector, that's the limiter for overclocking it.

Powercolor makes one with a PCI-E power connector, but I believe it is even a worse overclocker than others.

So basically, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're going for silence. :(

i'm going to be WCing my x800xl, once i get my next system put to gether and up and running...

Back