X850XT Fan speeds

vlad_Swe

Weaksauce
Well, I loaded AtiTool and managed to somehow ruin my "default" fan speed settings for my card. Now it seems that no matter what I do, I either get way too high temps or way too much noise.

Does anyone know what the "default" setting on a X850XT card is, regarding the fan? Or does someone have any suggestions on how to set them for decent heat/noise performance?

I used to run the card at 38 Idle / 55-60 Load.

You should be able to get the fan speed back to default speed with the ATI Tool, but you need to reboot to get it up back to default speed. In the fan control panel, just untick 'Override fan speed', click 'reset', 'apply' and reboot. It should get back to default speed, otherwise I can't help you more...

As for the fan speed/noise, I tried to lowered the fan speed but it makes a high pitch noise that is so annoying and the default speed is too loud. I just bought a Zalman VF700 Cu LED and I'm glad I did, this thing is so silent and efficient at cooling the card. My idle/load temp with the stock cooler was 41/68 now with the Zalman it is 34/58.

Back