XBLA - Ikaruga

Psychotext

Supreme [H]ardness
Just a heads up... Ikaruga was released on XBLA today and it rocks. 800 points for a HD version of the Gamecube classic with extra bells and whistles!

Few reviews:

IGN (9/10)
CVG (9/10)
Eurogamer (8/10)

Hard as hell though. I can only get to level 4 at the moment and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get past it. :eek:

Nice, they added online coop. I'll have to give it a download.

Just got it myself and am glad to see that it has more screen rotation options than the DC version. I can finally play with my monitor in portrait :D. And the icing on the cake is that the game also has a 16:10 ratio option :D:D

Mmmm, I was thinking about getting a 360 for this, but I'll wait until we hear more about the other shmup releases from japan (see if they're region freeeee). For now, I'll enjoy my gc copy.

Just got it myself and am glad to see that it has more screen rotation options than the DC version. I can finally play with my monitor in portrait :D. And the icing on the cake is that the game also has a 16:10 ratio option :D:D

Good, I can stop looking for a vesa mount to rotate a small LCD vertically :D

I've already got over 2 million points on the first level alone... the game is awesome, it reaches a whole new level when you're trying to chain everything together rather than just destroy everything.

Game is definitely worth it for the online leaderboards and the HD graphics, even if you have another mode.

If anyone wants to add me, my nick is Master Roufuss, just let know you're from [H], most other people on my friends list are horrible at the game, lol :p And none of them have the game, either.

After playing a very quality shmup like Ikaruga, I went back and played Aegis Wing... and wow Aegis Wing sucks =/

I really suck at shooters.... but I bought it anyways to support shooters on xbla.
Here's my setup:

I don't own a 360, but I do own Ikaruga for the Gamecube. Freakin' sweet game.

Omg this game is soooooooooo hard.. I am stucked at chapter 3 for hours to no end and I can' t get past it... but damn the game is so sweeeeeet.

I never played Ikaruga before, but obviously had heard of it. Picked this game up last night. Only got to play it about 20 mins due to newborn crying and feeding etc, but this game is fricking sweet. Cant believe i never bothered with it before. Even tho its hard as balls i keep wanting to get back to it asap.

I'm on level 4 now and even after watching a video I really doubt I'll be able to get through it. :D

I really suck at shooters.... but I bought it anyways to support shooters on xbla.
Here's my setup:

+1 for HTS-GS1, looks very much like my desk, minus the fact that my 360 is on my hd tv. :D

I played the demo, hard as hell, still trying to decide if it is going to be a purchase for me or not. Honestly, I am looking forward to Bionic Commando... Am I the only one?

I've played this game to death back in the day, but I'll to have to buy this (and Triggerheart Exelica) to get more shooters. Deathsmiles next please. :D

I just played this for the first time today and I must say that it is the most difficult shootemup I've ever played. Having not read any replies of this thread, I'll bet a lot of you are thinking the same. I might be able to enjoy this game without even purchasing it, seeing as I haven't made it pass the boss three times in a row. This is even after reading the tutorial after the first time. I can see what the rage about this game is all about though. I'll probably buy it soon as I can beat the first boss.

I just played this for the first time today and I must say that it is the most difficult shootemup I've ever played. Having not read any replies of this thread, I'll bet a lot of you are thinking the same. I might be able to enjoy this game without even purchasing it, seeing as I haven't made it pass the boss three times in a row. This is even after reading the tutorial after the first time. I can see what the rage about this game is all about though. I'll probably buy it soon as I can beat the first boss.

Border Down, Mars Matrix... there were a lot of shooters on the Dreamcast at about the same level of crazy as Ikaruga.

Awesome game. Defintiely a purchase for me. I love the fact that xbl arcade games actually add features to some of these older type games. Online co-op for a game like this is great.

I've had to stop playing it... getting to that stage where I want to smash things because of stupid mistakes. :O

I've had to stop playing it... getting to that stage where I want to smash things because of stupid mistakes. :O

Level 5? I used to be able to get past level 3 without dying, but then 4-5 would start taking my lives. The lasers...everywhere. Oh right...and Radiant Silvergun (Saturn version) on XBLA too, please.

Oh you damn XBL bastards! I wanted this on the gamecube, and I REALLY hope it comes to PSN. I won't get my hopes up. When are we going to get a vertical/horizontal shooter??? :mad:

Oh you damn XBL bastards! I wanted this on the gamecube, and I REALLY hope it comes to PSN. I won't get my hopes up. When are we going to get a vertical/horizontal shooter??? :mad:

I have my fingers crossed for Einhander on PSN eventually, but I'm not holding my breath.

Level 5? I used to be able to get past level 3 without dying, but then 4-5 would start taking my lives. The lasers...everywhere. Oh right...and Radiant Silvergun (Saturn version) on XBLA too, please.
Level 4. I can do level 5 easily but getting past level 4 means I have to turn credits on.

Mostly I was getting pissed at making stupid mistakes and screwing up my chains though. I just don't have the patience for games like this any more.

Gah, bought this yesterday, went to play it tonight and now my 360 breaks out in RROD when I went to turn it on. Now I'll have to be online whenever I want to play Ikaruga on the replacement.

Woot, just broke my old school, now I'm at 2,750,000 and around the high 600's on the leaderboard's.

That score would be so much higher if I could actually make it all through level 2, ha.

Here's my setup:

christ, you might want to take a few minutes and clean up that desk. those kind of messes are mentally unhealthy.

I'm impressed... Treasure have really outdone themselves with this new release. I frankly can't believe that we don't hear hardcore Ikaruga fanboys bitching about some thing or another they messed up--it seems like they really did everything right and then some!

The screen rotation thing is kickass... the game is damn hard though. I could never even get past level 3 on the Gamecube version, and this is no different.

I think I'll download the trial tonight, as I've never played it before. It's been a while since I played this sort of game!

Initially... but they'll fix that if you call them.

What do you mean by call them?

I noticed that I have to be online to play my XBLA games(which I think is really really stupid). And yeah, my console is a different one because of RRoD.

Ugh, I guess I'll have to redownload all my games again. ~___~

Almost none of them were as high-profile as Ikaruga was, unfortunately. (Except, yes, Rez.) Which is a shame, because I'd love to see that library ported to something...

Back