XBOX 360 HD DVD Player With King Kong, Heroes, Battlestar Galactica $50

Looks like a good deal to me too, especially with season packs.

The HD DVD drive has a few good uses..

a) Use it to watch movies on either the computer or Xbox 360
b) Keep it and store it for later on if you already have another HD DVD drive in case it breaks
c) Tear it apart and make a blue laser pointer that can burn things <--- THIS

Cheap HD DVD movies FTW.

dawm smoke hot deal... they try everything to get rid the HD drive

They usually sell well on Ebay, pity I already have all three disc(s) sets.

Buy for what you need and Ebay off the stuff you don't want (including movies you don't like or have no further use for)

Don't overlook its use as a normal DVD drive, I have a few rigs with no option of internal optical and it rocks as an external drive.

Can I use this to replace the drive in my Xbox? Rip it apart etc? Mines acting funny lately, brand new discs saying they're dirty/can't be read etc... I think the drive needs replaced... thinking maybe I could do it with this as a replacement drive costs about this much

Oh well.. says sold out now....

I don't think this acts as a replacement drive, more of an add on. Does anyone have a link to drivers that will make this work in 32 bit xp pro, as well as 64 bit xp pro?

Can I use this to replace the drive in my Xbox? Rip it apart etc? Mines acting funny lately, brand new discs saying they're dirty/can't be read etc... I think the drive needs replaced... thinking maybe I could do it with this as a replacement drive costs about this much

Oh well.. says sold out now....

Nope. Won't work like that.

I don't think this acts as a replacement drive, more of an add on. Does anyone have a link to drivers that will make this work in 32 bit xp pro, as well as 64 bit xp pro?

XP will autoload via Microsoft update.

Do these do 1080p with and HDMI Elite? I bought an 1080i HD A3 player, and couple months later bought a 61" 1080p Samsung DLP.

Do these do 1080p with and HDMI Elite? I bought an 1080i HD A3 player, and couple months later bought a 61" 1080p Samsung DLP.

Yes, they do 1080p. I bought this and an Elite when I thought HD DVD was going to be the obvious winner. :eek:

By the way, I was just at Fry's in Downer's Grove IL. Lots of HD DVD marked way down. They had BG season 1 and Heroes season 1 for 9.99 each and a bunch at 3.99 and 4.99.

Picked up the two season 1's, and also got Clerks 2 for 3.99.

Yah, the Fry's here in Vegas has like 30 shopping carts full of HD-DVDs marked under $10 nowadays... sadly, they probably couldn't give 'em away for a buck apiece it seems. Been in those carts for like 3 months now...

If I could find a good deal on a DVD burner/Blu-ray/HD-DVD combo drive I think I'd get one eventually.

Yah, the Fry's here in Vegas has like 30 shopping carts full of HD-DVDs marked under $10 nowadays... sadly, they probably couldn't give 'em away for a buck apiece it seems. Been in those carts for like 3 months now...

If I could find a good deal on a DVD burner/Blu-ray/HD-DVD combo drive I think I'd get one eventually.

that LG I bought is on sale again for $94.99 shipped at new egg, and it's the retail one with a box.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136133

Yah, I noticed that, Fry's here had it for $99 last week, but it's too expensive. Last time I paid that much for a drive it was a Plextor that lasted 3 years and burned off thousands of discs without issues.

Damned Blu-ray licensing fees are insane, they really are. :D

It could have changed very recently, but Fry's in Vegas has kept HD-DVD prices relatively high, with most movies being $8-10, and even a lot still at $15.

Might still be valid in B&M locations, if you've got a Fry's in your area. I'm still going to pass this time around... Heroes and BSG would be nice to have, but, perhaps they'll do a better deal later on to finally clear out the damned drives once and for all.

Fry's used to have their Friday through Tuesday sales, which this is part of, but a few weeks ago - for the first time ever - they started extending the Friday sales all week, so now they're Friday through Thursday... I hope they continue it. :)

Fry's sale period actually runs Wednesday thru the next Tuesday. If you check they're newspaper ads they do a small ad on Wednesday and large ad of Friday. However the deals that aren't in the Wed. ad but are i nthe Friday ad are still available starting Wed. You just have to find them.

Here in Vegas (and in San Jose), they do ads and sales every single day of the week sooo... the "BIG" weekly sale was always Fri-Tues, but now they've chosen to extend it from Fri-Thurs, and each day in-between they still put ads in the paper with even more stuff on sale, it's crazy how much advertising they do.

For a chain with only about 22 locations nationwide, they are absolutely murdering the other guys... Best Buy is the only one left nowadays.

http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=32664

Ads for every day of the week... ;)

Thanks, just bought one. Also check out amazon, most of their DVDs that were 5.99 and 6.99 dropped to an even 5.00.

Edit - Sweet, just bought this HD-DVD player with Heroes season 1, BSG season 1, and King Kong for $50, and 22 other HD-DVD's from Amazon for $122. This will be a nice start to my HD media library.

Thanks, just bought one. Also check out amazon, most of their DVDs that were 5.99 and 6.99 dropped to an even 5.00.

Edit - Sweet, just bought this HD-DVD player with Heroes season 1, BSG season 1, and King Kong for $50, and 22 other HD-DVD's from Amazon for $122. This will be a nice start to my HD media library.

you spent 122 bucks on hd dvd's ?

Edit: No, I spent $122 on 22 HD movies. The media they are on is irrelevant. Why, you know of a better deal to legally own 22 HD movies that are actually interesting?

Edit: No, I spent $122 on 22 HD movies. The media they are on is irrelevant. Why, you know of a better deal to legally own 22 HD movies that are actually interesting?

I dont think i know of 22 movies that are interesting, not even counting in HD :p
I just cant believe you bought 122 bucks in movies. But then again i stopped buying movies cause redbox = 1 buck a night and i usually dont watch movies more than once.

Then this deal is not for you. For those who are looking to build an HD media collection, this is still probably the best legal deal available at the moment.

Back