Xbox 360 On 2405FPW Screenshots (Very High-Res)

Simple. Use the Component or VGA input on your monitor. The audio output into your sound card on your computer. Use the toslink (optical) input for your soundcard if you got it, otherwise it's the line-in.

Sabs said:
I don't think you can switch to a VGA source on the 2405FPW if you already have your PC connected with DVI. This would mean you'd have to disconnect your DVI cable from the monitor in order to switch sources. Perhaps someone can confirm this.

Nope, the Dell recognize each inputs separately. You can toggle between input 1 (VGA) or input 2 (DVI), input 3 (S-Video) or input 4 (composite).

overthetop said:
Simple. Use the Component or VGA input on your monitor. The audio output into your sound card on your computer. Use the toslink (optical) input for your soundcard if you got it, otherwise it's the line-in.
If you don't have optical in, won't the input's be two channel? If so, would you input them into line-in and another input? Sorry, real noob here.

S.O.

steviep said:
Works for text entry only, if necessary in a game - won't work for games (ever), as they're programmed gamepad-only.
Personally, I think the screens look pretty decent.

THAT SUCKS!!!

How the hell are the hard core fps gamers gonna play with that stupid controller!! 1 button for left - right and one for up - down BLOWS!!! I want to use my keyboard and mouse!!! They take all the skill out of it by adding auto aim assistance!! Ghey!

This is a sad day! I am about to change my mind and not even buy it now....except.... I like racing games........oh well atleast it is closer to PC so they can port more good games to the pc. I want perfect dark on the PC!!

wow this thread become popular lol, but i don't have an xbox or a 2405fpw, i just found the link and posted it since i know a lot of u guys were asking about it and have 2405fpws. but i get my xbox on tuesday :)

JOESKURTU said:
THAT SUCKS!!!

How the hell are the hard core fps gamers gonna play with that stupid controller!! 1 button for left - right and one for up - down BLOWS!!! I want to use my keyboard and mouse!!! They take all the skill out of it by adding auto aim assistance!! Ghey!

This is a sad day! I am about to change my mind and not even buy it now....except.... I like racing games........oh well atleast it is closer to PC so they can port more good games to the pc. I want perfect dark on the PC!!

Get a Revolution (controller like a mouse/lightgun) or a PS3 (may allow a few games to use the kb+mouse) if you want a console FPS to feel like a PC FPS. Or, you can simply continue to be "hardcore" on your PC.l

What I'd like to know is how people are getting their Xbox360s a week before the launch.

Man that is one nice setup, wish I could afford the 360 but maybe in two years when the prince drops.

KM

knight3058 said:
Most likely is was set for 480i or some such nonsense, go to Gamestop and check it out, they have theirs set up on 720p and it looks awesome, and yes I have played it on my 1280x1024 screen, so I do know what I'm talking about, I've seen them set up in Wal-Marts, mostly badly and you have to eject the disc to set it for 720, so if it was not done right, then you get really fugly graphics as the screen is not displaying in it's native rez, for an example, set your nice big LCD screen to 800x600 and play CoD2, then you get an idea.

No use trying to convince people with high end pcs if the game doesnt have at least 4xAA it just dont cut it! but for the price of the xbox u get a lot of high quality gaming graphics just not ultra quality ie cod2 with1280x 720 with 4xaa and 16xaf and higher. i saw it in my local game shop at 720p and i thought it was amazing for the price of the machine but oh those jaggies, weve been trying to get rid of those for years!!

Rash said:
No use trying to convince people with high end pcs if the game doesnt have at least 4xAA it just dont cut it! but for the price of the xbox u get a lot of high quality gaming graphics just not ultra quality ie cod2 with1280x 720 with 4xaa and 16xaf and higher. i saw it in my local game shop at 720p and i thought it was amazing for the price of the machine but oh those jaggies, weve been trying to get rid of those for years!!

Can a $400 pc beat the Xbox360 in terms of graphics? Not very likely imo.

I'm so glad that I bought the Panasonic HDTV PT-42LC14. It has both HD component and VGA resolution input capability. It already looks great upscaling my DVD player to 1080i and then back to the native 720p. Sorry son, but we're getting the XBOX360 not the Revolution...

I know both inputs are analogue, but correct me if I'm wrong that the VGA input uses a different color spacing due to its pin configuration providing more color signals. Or am I getting confused with DVI?

overthetop said:
Can a $400 pc beat the Xbox360 in terms of graphics? Not very likely imo.

Which is why i said it was amazing for the price!!!

ImJacksAmygdala said:
I'm so glad that I bought the Panasonic HDTV PT-42LC14. It has both HD component and VGA resolution input capability. It already looks great upscaling my DVD player to 1080i and then back to the native 720p. Sorry son, but we're getting the XBOX360 not the Revolution...

I know both inputs are analogue, but correct me if I'm wrong that the VGA input uses a different color spacing due to its pin configuration providing more color signals. Or am I getting confused with DVI?

DVI can carry both analog and digital. Generally speaking, you use it if you want to use digital, however, you can put an adaptor on to split out the analog (as seen on video cards). As for VGA, well, VGA has more available bandwidth (ability to carry the signal) than a single channel of DVI- it can support higher resolutions and refresh rates. DVI is great if you are outputting to a Digital display, such as your TV of course, but not really necessary- the quality of the picture isn't dependant so much on DVI or VGA or Component as much as it is the hardware on each end sending and recieving.

While in your case you are going from digital 360/dvd image generation to analog (component or vga) output to those matching inputs on the TV, it's not such a terrible thing if the components on both ends are quality. It's when they're not, like cheap LCD screens with analog inputs, that there are noticeable problems.

Upscaling and then downscaling, are you mad? How bad do you want to overprocess DVD's? Keep in mind that they're 480P- LESS than HD resolution- and therefore would only need to be upscaled ONCE. Up and then down again will only reduce the image quality, just like transcoding a compressed video (uncompressing then recompressing). And you are dealing with lossy compression, which can trip scaling chips up and mess with the quality of the stream.

Inch for inch HDTV's tend to be far cheaper than PC LCD's- especially projection, but not necessarily plasma (not that you would want a small plasma monitor for a PC).

Hey, do you have Call of Duty 2? Can you post some screenshots with it running, and tell me if it ghosts?

dude, you have the same cheap speakers, same cheap desk, and the same overpriced monitor as me.

Overpriced? I wouldn't call the Dell screens overpriced. If anything, they're trying to undercut the rest of the market.

Back