Xbox 360 remote messes up my HTPC

nosoup4you718

Limp Gawd
Well heres the situation..

I have my HTPC with MCE 2005 and i just got a 360 this morning. I had no idea the remote for the 360 would mess with my HTPC.

When ever i move the xbox remote, the HTPC screen moves the same way.. I could have guessed this would happen since its all microsoft products. Also, when i use my media center PC, it turns my xbox on and messes with that..

Any ideas on what to do?

There is a system setting for the Xbox 360 to use "all channels" or "just media remote".

Try playing with that and see if it helps. If anything, it will at least solve the Media Center controlling the Xbox 360 issue.

I ran into this as well. There is an option in the 360 that allows to you set the 360 remote to work only on the console. I'm at work right now, so I can't tell you exactly where the option is, but you should be able to find it if you look around for a little bit.

I use the 360 remote to control the built in media extender.

that is what I figured, but if he has an HTPC right next to it, I was wondering why he needed both.

well i dont intend to use the xbox remote too often since i dont need to use the 360s media center at all, just curious about this

++thread jack alert++

how do you like the 360? I am on the fence about getting one right off since I still have several xbox titles I have not finished.

IDversusEGO said:
++thread jack alert++

how do you like the 360? I am on the fence about getting one right off since I still have several xbox titles I have not finished.

I have one, I think its a fantastic product, mostly because of the Media extender capabilities. If you got some tv tuners in a MCE 2005 box, you can leave the pc in the computer room and access mce interface through the xbox 360. If you haven't checked it out, its pretty sweet getting all your music, videos, photos, live tv, recorded tv right on a 50" hdtv. Thats the primary reason a got a 360, the games are a bonus.

I don't need that. I have a sage network with clients at each PC already. not planning on going to MCE anytime soon. but maybe the mods will start coming soon

i dont know, i have a regular TV non HD tv, the graphics are good, the new call of duty is good.. but i dont know, its not like an AMAZING update from like n64 to ps2 or somthing like that.

Sorta disapointed, seems like the old xbox with new features

well, it was targeted at the HD crowd. not muc more you can do with an SDtv, it just won't display any better

yeah i know but i just spent about $600 on the system, 2 games and an extra controller so i wont be buying a new TV for a little while. I'll try it on my 2405fpw though and see what happens

Back