Xbox 360 Resolutions

[L]imey

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi gang,

I have an Arcade with HDMI, and it's relegated to my spare bedroom on a junk old TV. This makes me sad, so I've been looking at picking up a small LCD to serve double duty for my laptop and the 360. I was looking for something smaller 19~ish, that will work for pc and xbox duty.

Apart from TV's, I haven't been able to find anything that is native at 1366x768 that has HDMI AND VGA so I could connect both at once.

So, forgoing that, I discovered that there's a VGA cable from the xbox and I would have no problem going that route. I just wanted to be sure that this particular cable will allow scaling to that kind of resolution.

Anyone know anything about the VGA cable and how it lines up on the different res's?

Thanks much.

Why would you not pick up a really cheap 1920x1080 monitor with hdmi? Probably in the 21.5in+ range for under $150.

both vga and hdmi handle 1920x1080. just grab a cheap 1080p monitor as suggested above.

if you use vga, you may have to adjust the reference levels on your 360's display settings to boost the colour. i had to do that on mine due to the colours looking very faded compared to hdmi on my tv.

Size reasons, and I want to be able to game externally off the laptop, but I don't want to push the card over what it was designed to run at (native res on the lappy screen is 1366x768)

720p is really the best bet for me.

Don't 1080p monitors look like ass when you run them non native?

most screens look like ass when running non-native

i run my second xbox on my old 19" LCD at 1440*900 using my vga cable, looks very good, although there are minute black bars at top and bottom due to the screen being 16*10 vs 16*9 for what the xbox actually renders

highly recommended

Cool, so it adjusts to the resolution available on the screen. Good to know.

Go to best buy and buy a small LCD HDTV that's 720p res. I think they are only around $200, you'll have full screen picture and it will look great.

i think you can find some 18" 1366x768 resolution monitors. those will work fine on your 360.

I don't have room for a 32".

I need something small for my desk.

Will look out for a 18" now. Thanks guys.

I'm tellin ya bb had samsung LCD hdtvs that were between 19-24 inches for under $300 depending on the brand you can get one cheap.

At bb 19inch Sammy 720p Is $221, they have refurbs for $150 online order only.
If you get a different brand it will be under $200. Check out the bb site

Back