::: Xbox 360 Update :::

PGR3 on GameSpot

I'ts pretty amazing how much detail they put into PGR3, they even have some exits that I recognize when driving around New York like the FDR Drive :eek: I wish they could have a track on PGR 3 that goes through all 5 boroughs, so when I get to queens I can go, "HEY I KNOW THAT PLACE!" :D

Very nice. Remember the X2 resolution will be 1280x720 so if you see a picture bigger than that, it may be less detailed than the picture. If you see one smaller, it will be less detailed than the game. All games will have MSAA so don't assume that pictures without jaggies are touched up like they always do with the current console games.

Staples said:
Very nice. Remember the X2 resolution will be 1280x720 so if you see a picture bigger than that, it may be less detailed than the picture. If you see one smaller, it will be less detailed than the game. All games will have MSAA so don't assume that pictures without jaggies are touched up like they always do with the current console games.
dont quote me on this but i also think the onboard edram allows preformence hit free 1920x1080 over 720p

Ballz2TheWallz said:
dont quote me on this but i also think the onboard edram allows preformence hit free 1920x1080 over 720p
Well it is only 10MB so I guess if they are doing 20FPS, then the edram can cover for 1080i but we will see. If 90+ percent of the games are 720p like 90% of the ones now are 480p, then I guess we can conclude that the edram was not effective for 1080i.

Staples said:
Well it is only 10MB so I guess if they are doing 20FPS, then the edram can cover for 1080i but we will see. If 90+ percent of the games are 720p like 90% of the ones now are 480p, then I guess we can conclude that the edram was not effective for 1080i.

Its 10mbs with a clock speed of 2 terahertz, that is how it WILL be able to do 1080 just fine.

The conclusion you draw may as well been out of thin air, the logic behind that is flawed at best.

bonkrowave said:
Its 10mbs with a clock speed of 2 terahertz, that is how it WILL be able to do 1080 just fine.

The conclusion you draw may as well been out of thin air, the logic behind that is flawed at best.

*cough* terahertz *cough*. Care to sell me some of that? 2 terra hertz is 2000 GHz which is 2000000 MHz. So your math is flawed at best ;)

-tReP

Trepidati0n said:
*cough* terahertz *cough*. Care to sell me some of that? 2 terra hertz is 2000 GHz which is 2000000 MHz. So your math is flawed at best ;)

-tReP

Im just quoting from the [H]ard|OCP article on the xbox360

HardOCP said:
the Smart 3D Memory is what is referred to as a 3D Logic Unit. This is literally 192 Floating Point Unit processors inside our 10MB of RAM. This logic unit will be able to exchange data with the 10MB of RAM at an incredible rate of 2 Terabits per second

Im not going to be selling XBOX 360's but im sure you can buy one almost anywhere when they get released.

Well, this thread has certainly solidified my decision to purchase the Xbox 360 when it launches. I waited more than a year for the PS2, and even longer for the Xbox; I don't think I'll be doing that this time around!

November can't come fast enough...

bonkrowave said:
Im just quoting from the [H]ard|OCP article on the xbox360

A quote requires the exact same words. A terrabit/second and a terrahertz are two different things. I can definately believe the 2 terrabits/second if the memory is correctly setup/architected.

So I apologize for misunderstanding your quote compared to the actual quote.

-tReP

Trepidati0n said:
A quote requires the exact same words. A terrabit/second and a terrahertz are two different things. I can definately believe the 2 terrabits/second if the memory is correctly setup/architected.

So I apologize for misunderstanding your quote compared to the actual quote.

-tReP

It's terabit/terahertz :) (picking of course)

PS: read that linky I posted. It explains in detail the XENOS GPU of X360 and AA with the 10MB EDRAM and how to make everything work with tiled rendering.

Back