xbox 360 woes

Rampage1329

[H]ard|Gawd
My xbox nows beeps and then freezes. It rrod last night, but now it comes up as normal. I have put in a work order for the rrod, but on the site it says if it hasn't logged an rrod they will charge me 99.00. Anyone else have this experience, is there a log on the xbox they can look and confirm the rrod?

My xbox nows beeps and then freezes. It rrod last night, but now it comes up as normal. I have put in a work order for the rrod, but on the site it says if it hasn't logged an rrod they will charge me 99.00. Anyone else have this experience, is there a log on the xbox they can look and confirm the rrod?
I've read here that some people have just told Microsoft it was a RRoD (even though it was some other type of failure) and they will let you send it in. I honestly don't think they even bother testing them anymore. They just add yours to the stock to sell to refurbishers and send you a refurbished one.

I was on my 4th 360, before I bought a new jasper. I can tell you from my experience, the last time the xbox died I wasn't getting RROD just freezing after 5-15 seconds after system boot.

I sent the system in all the same, and it was fixed and shipped back no problem. However, unethical it may be (along with having having a brand new system) I just didn't really care. Like the above poster has said: they don't test the systems, logistics and turnaround would just take too long.

I haven't gotten the RROD, but I am having to send in my 360 for a failing disk drive. The bad thing was that it decided to stop reading games just when I had gotten my copy of ME2 in. I was hoping I wouldn't have to worry about this. It's my first 360 and I've only used it for a couple of games. I'm glad I got the extended service plan when I got it from walmart. I would have gotten it from Best Buy, but they no longer give you a new unit when you bring in the failed unit. You have to send it away like everywhere else. I hate having to wait like this for the mailing label, shipping it out, and wait for it to return.

MS no longer sends out the coffin. they let you print your label and you gotta package it up for shipment

Mine did that; it made like a screeching sound, then froze up. I'd turn it off, then back on, and it would do it after a minute or two. It finally got RROD, then I turned it off for a few minutes, and it worked for another minute, then froze up. I put it in the DVD cabinet under the tv and just left it on for about 10 minutes. It got RROD permanently, and I shipped it to MS for repairs.

Back