Xbox live question...

maademperor

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi, here is my situation: I just got a 360 and was about to activate Live when I remembered I have a 12 month Xbox live subscription card I hadnt used with my original Xbox. Now, this card is from before there was a "Gold" and "Silver" xbox live thing. So:

1) Will this card likely work to get me a gold account with my 360?

OR

2) Should I use it to enable a 12 month account with my original Xbox, then use my 360 to migrate the account? Are migrated accounts automatically a gold account on the 360?

Thanks for any answers! I'd just go ahead and try but I dont want to waste the card activating it with the 360 and having it turn into a wasted silver account or something, or use with the xbox and have the 360 fail to move it properly

I don't know for sure about option 1, but one of two things would happen: It will work and be a gold account or the code will not work. It won't become silver cuz silver is completely free. Your second option will work for sure.

maademperor said:
Hi, here is my situation: I just got a 360 and was about to activate Live when I remembered I have a 12 month Xbox live subscription card I hadnt used with my original Xbox. Now, this card is from before there was a "Gold" and "Silver" xbox live thing. So:

1) Will this card likely work to get me a gold account with my 360?

OR

2) Should I use it to enable a 12 month account with my original Xbox, then use my 360 to migrate the account? Are migrated accounts automatically a gold account on the 360?

Thanks for any answers! I'd just go ahead and try but I dont want to waste the card activating it with the 360 and having it turn into a wasted silver account or something, or use with the xbox and have the 360 fail to move it properly

Both options will work, but Option 1 is easier. All orginal Xbox1 subscripition cards work on Xbox360 just as the new Xbox Live Gold cards do. However one thing to note is that the new Xbox Live Gold cards DO NOT work on original Xbox1 consoles.

I let my trial Gold subscription expire a few weeks ago. I guess it's not worth it for me 'cause I can't see much of a difference from Silver. I suppose online gaming is out but there is not much out there that I want to play online with a console.

^^me either, but I figured I'd go ahead and use the card and see if I come around to more online play. Got real sick of Live with my Xbox and let it cancel after the first year...we'll see how it goes this time

Anway, I tried option 1 and it worked out, thanks folks...

Back