Xbox One Dashboard Preview

I wonder how many of the same journalists that complain about metro, will state that this is a revolutionary and amazing interface.

I wonder how many of the same journalists that complain about metro, will state that this is a revolutionary and amazing interface.

it works with tablets and consoles, desktop, not so much.

I'm actually quite impressed with how quick it can go from one thing to another, all with nothing but voice. Still will wait till the second version of both before I decide on what one to get though.

Too bad it's all marketing BULLSHIT and CG!!!
Especially on the Titanfall game. They simply took existing Titanfall gameplay footage that's been on youtube for days, and added the little pop-ups, to make it look like its actual, in-game voice activated system... Nice try MS. Fake FAIL!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm actually quite impressed with how quick it can go from one thing to another, all with nothing but voice. Still will wait till the second version of both before I decide on what one to get though.

It doesn't go that fast, it's just a mockup.

What bullshit. Seriously MS? First you upload the video in glorious 480p (great choice) and the entire video is obviously just a mockup of the actual experience and then showing the transitions between recording and sharing as perfectly fluid when it isn't even that smooth with a capture device that runs independent of the console?

I'm still buying an Xbox One at launch but that video was PR garbage. I would rather see an action live demo of someone with a physical console than another crappy marketing video.

I want that on my PC: Windows 8 " Stop sucking"
Command it initiates is : Format C:\ , Start Windows7setup.exe

It doesn't go that fast, it's just a mockup.
Your right. I still like the whole interface and how it all works together with voice.

Still gonna wait till version 2 of each system before I buy. :D

h4AB507D7

original.jpg

So you're gonna wait another 7-8 yrs?
What recent console(s) ever had a 7-8 year wait between hardware revisions? The 360 had significant changes every 18-24 months.

It's funny how consoles work though. Hardware failures, even on a mass scale, don't dissuade the committed. ;)

Not bad at all. I'm not too sold on voice controls yet. But, I guess I can get used to them. Sure, it's a mock up, but it's probably pretty close to the real thing.

So you're gonna wait another 7-8 yrs?
I said version not life cycle, lol.
What recent console(s) ever had a 7-8 year wait between hardware revisions? The 360 had significant changes every 18-24 months.

It's funny how consoles work though. Hardware failures, even on a mass scale, don't dissuade the committed. ;)
When companies like MS extend peoples warranties then it's not as big of a deal, not that I needed it.

UGH METRO. I seriously think Metro started out as a practical joke and Ballmer didn't laugh and marketing went "okay I guess we'll just keep going"

mj34MES.jpg

internet explorer, Lol
This looks pretty cool though, a lot like metro, but It works better with this whole gaming, oh sorry I meant T.V. set up :D

UGH METRO. I seriously think Metro started out as a practical joke and Ballmer didn't laugh and marketing went "okay I guess we'll just keep going"

I think you've run out of valid complaints months ago, now you're just picking scabs.

I could have sworn this was a commercial / promo / demo to showcase the consoles features. Where all they "OMFG M$ IS SO FAEK!" is coming from is mind boggling. :confused:

We posted the PS4 commercial the other day and not a single person said "OMFG! TOTALLY FAKE...YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY BE "IN" THE VIDEO GAME...SINGING TO YOUR FRIEND!!!"

:D

I really believe that the Xbox One will do far more then what the ps4 will be able to do. I feel the interface of Xbox is far better then the PS. I had the PS3 for a few hours and it was never update, never changed. just boring as... until it died on me twice after that I thru it out.

I really believe that the Xbox One will do far more then what the ps4 will be able to do. I feel the interface of Xbox is far better then the PS. I had the PS3 for a few hours and it was never update, never changed. just boring as... until it died on me twice after that I thru it out.

I'm going with the One because of the exclusive games. I am a bit worried about the less powerful hardware, but I'm not going to let it bug me. In a couple years, I'll grab a PS4 if there are enough exclusives to warrant the purchase. But, Titanfall, Ryse, Halo, Forza are games I want to play. The fitness stuff on Kinect looks good too (although I am trying to find some reason to have that thing there, other than voice controls). It's the all in one machine. I want a game machine, but I can't say I won't use the other stuff, because I will. It's just an extra bonus. Price is higher, but that's not too much of a worry here.

I like the PS3 interface. Nothing wrong with it. I like the Xbox interface, too. It's fine. I hope I'm not seeing it too much, though. Being in game and everything! :)

I could have sworn this was a commercial / promo / demo to showcase the consoles features. Where all they "OMFG M$ IS SO FAEK!" is coming from is mind boggling. :confused:

We posted the PS4 commercial the other day and not a single person said "OMFG! TOTALLY FAKE...YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY BE "IN" THE VIDEO GAME...SINGING TO YOUR FRIEND!!!"

:D

It's because the MS commercial is a mock-up masquerading as what you'll actually experience out of the box. That is a little shady on the part of MS. Maybe some of it will in fact be that quick and smooth, but the part with Titanfall is clearly a misrepresentation for obvious reasons.

On the part of Sony's commercial, it was mainly going the artsy-fartsy route and didn't really directly advertise anything particular about the PS4. Just some live-action stuff illustrating various game genres/archetypes with the overarching theme of playing with a friend.

What bullshit. Seriously MS? First you upload the video in glorious 480p (great choice) and the entire video is obviously just a mockup of the actual experience and then showing the transitions between recording and sharing as perfectly fluid when it isn't even that smooth with a capture device that runs independent of the console?

I'm still buying an Xbox One at launch but that video was PR garbage. I would rather see an action live demo of someone with a physical console than another crappy marketing video.

or may be it always records in the background? So when you say record, it stops discarding and when you say share, it shares in background? may be ;)

The UI looks a lot more useful than I thought it would be (if it's actually that responsive)

It's kind of funny that Microsoft decided to release this "preview" just after rumors on GAF started about the Xbox One OS & Live features not being ready at launch..

http://www.examiner.com/article/claim-xbox-one-os-and-xbox-live-a-mess

Pete Dodd (aka FamousMortimer) wrote a lengthy post on his DoddScientifics blog where he detailed claims from anonymous developers about problems with the Xbox One and how it interacts with Xbox LIVE for online multiplayer. It is described as a "f***ing mess" that will take "months" to fix connectivity issues, missed invites, dropped parties and non-working friend requests.

Hopefully, just rumors.

not really surprised when the console leak video popped up months ago. not judging on this mockup but from what had previously leaked, the UI is really pretty fluid and slick though

that...was actually pretty impressive to me. the voice commands could save a good deal of time, it would just suck when the wife says 'you need to blah, blah, blah turn that blah blah XBOX OFF and come satisfy me you sexy man, blah, blah"

Here's the deal.
Microsoft won't let this fail. They have gobs of money, engineers, and management to keep this black-box baby of theirs alive.
I doubt they would release a video showing how incredibly liquid the UI is and not deliver.
Now the Kinect 1 was a piece of shit and yes there were some deceptive advertising pre-launch as well, but on a technical level, the device delivered.

I prepaid my system and a couple games. I'm frankly excited what M$ has brought to the table. You KNOW Microsoft had thrown GOBS of money at this thing. Their first 2 iterations of Xbox were good enough to STAY in my living room, so I'm not discounting that one bit.

that...was actually pretty impressive to me. the voice commands could save a good deal of time, it would just suck when the wife says 'you need to blah, blah, blah turn that blah blah XBOX OFF and come satisfy me you sexy man, blah, blah"

Yea, that would really suck. Sexy time... I'd rather play video games, honey. :D

Sorry, PS4 or XBOne would not win that war.

I dont know, it still looks like a Charlie Foxtrot to me.

It's massively more functional than last gen console UI's. I think most of you just want to be "in", which means you can't say anything nice about anything Microsoft makes.

Don't you mean:
xbox go home
yes
xbox settings
turn off
yes

?

It's because the MS commercial is a mock-up masquerading as what you'll actually experience out of the box. That is a little shady on the part of MS. Maybe some of it will in fact be that quick and smooth, but the part with Titanfall is clearly a misrepresentation for obvious reasons.

Straight from the horse's mouth:
Albert Penello said:
The video assumes that the user ALREADY has a movie started (hence why Pacific Rim is in the middle of the film), and ALREADY has a game started. In that cause, the UI will switch that fast.

What a bullshit MS is... /s

On the part of Sony's commercial, it was mainly going the artsy-fartsy route and didn't really directly advertise anything particular about the PS4. Just some live-action stuff illustrating various game genres/archetypes with the overarching theme of playing with a friend.

Wow, I just watched the PS4 commercial. So, they just basically did a Call of Duty mock up look alike commercial which tells me nothing of the console, right? Pretty much like every commercial on TV. :rolleyes:

I would not be the least bit surprised if the Xbox One is that quick. That is, as long as the harddrive caches properly to the ram or if there would be an SSD.

All a mockup done in After Effects. Word right now is that the dashboard is nowhere near complete.

Think of something closer to the Wii U dashboard before the update last Spring: slow slow slow

Back