Xbox One Outsold PlayStation 4 in April

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Will wonders never cease? It’s about time Microsoft received some positive news on the Xbox One front. After a year and a half of PS4 dominance in sales, Xbox finally pulls a rabbit out of the hat and takes top sales spot in the console market.

As the best-selling console in the U.S. in April, fans set record April sales and engagement for Xbox One last month. Xbox One console sales in the U.S. increased 63 percent in April 2015 compared to April 2014.

In other news, Microsoft bricked half of them because of some obscure thing in the EULA.

>.>

In other news, Microsoft bricked half of them because of some obscure thing in the EULA.

>.>

You should probably get more of the facts before commenting. There xbox live access was revoked. On top of that there were under an NDA which they broke, so they're subject to the punishment that comes with breaking that NDA.

Good for Microsoft. :) They have been selling well anyways, just not as much as the PS4. However, have greater sales in April can only help. Wow, I actually got in before a onslaught of negative comments occurred. :D

The publisher has confirmed its Xbox One was the top-selling system in the United States last month.

Meanwhile world wide sales are 21.45 for the PS4 and 12.12 for the Xbox One. Meanwhile games sales are like so.

1 PS4 Bloodborne 731,407
2 PS4 Battlefield: Hardline 273,915
3 XOne Battlefield: Hardline 174,446
4 WiiU Mario Party 10 137,392

I don't think Sony is worried. Also please bring Bloodborne to PC.

makes sense, ps4 is probably starting to approach the upper limit of people who will buy it at its current price point so sales will slow, while bone has cut price and has less market share so it still has a bit more room before it tapers off.

Meanwhile world wide sales are 21.45 for the PS4 and 12.12 for the Xbox One. Meanwhile games sales are like so.

1 PS4 Bloodborne 731,407
2 PS4 Battlefield: Hardline 273,915
3 XOne Battlefield: Hardline 174,446
4 WiiU Mario Party 10 137,392

I don't think Sony is worried. Also please bring Bloodborne to PC.

Well, I managed to get my post in before the negative starting rolling in at least. :D I bet I could cherry pick certain games that sell more than others but why would they be the point. (Oh, other than trying to make Microsoft look bad.) :rolleyes:

Are we talking about breaking an NDA and having access to xbox live revoked?
Yea, I was.
You should probably get more of the facts before commenting. There xbox live access was revoked. On top of that there were under an NDA which they broke, so they're subject to the punishment that comes with breaking that NDA.

No, I know it. I just think it's kind of stupid. We were clamoring about Microsoft basically stop a console from functioning if they didn't have a connection every day when it was first release. And the way of console gaming where we have patches, this is almost like it. I wouldn't be surprised if they can and will do something like this intentionally to shut people out sooner to later. They being any of these companies... it just so happens to be Microsoft today.

Damn, typed more than I planned to.

I am considering switching from PS3 to XB1...

Funny thing is part of that decision is for the same reason, multimedia support and integration into my other media devices. AKA a silly remote.

PS3 had blu ray and a IR remote at release... PS4 no such remote except for pretty wonkey CEC support (from what I have read).

XB1 has both Bluray and IR support yay... If I were to choose to upgrade consoles it probably would be the one I get. I haven't yet seen the must have on new generation console game yet.

If sony would add full IR/RF remote support, I would probably stick with a PS.

I am considering switching from PS3 to XB1...

Funny thing is part of that decision is for the same reason, multimedia support and integration into my other media devices. AKA a silly remote.

PS3 had blu ray and a IR remote at release... PS4 no such remote except for pretty wonkey CEC support (from what I have read).

XB1 has both Bluray and IR support yay... If I were to choose to upgrade consoles it probably would be the one I get. I haven't yet seen the must have on new generation console game yet.

If sony would add full IR/RF remote support, I would probably stick with a PS.

DOH PS3 doesn't have IR support but it did at least full remote capabilities with blu-tooth (and later IR to BT adapters).

Well, I managed to get my post in before the negative starting rolling in at least. :D I bet I could cherry pick certain games that sell more than others but why would they be the point. (Oh, other than trying to make Microsoft look bad.) :rolleyes:

Let's just ignore the rest of the post where the PS4 still beat the Xbox One by quite a bit in worldwide sales.

It's really nice to be a spectator in these discussions between Sony and Microsoft, because the fanboys give us all tons of entertainment.

The thing I would add is that Xbox has been doing a lot of price promotions unlike PS4. So that is obviously helping them in sales. No way Xbox will catch PS4 in this generation in worldwide sales.

they are making up for there disastrous launch. But aall in all I feel that the xbone has a ton more room to grow. I am not jsut talking market either as the software that the xbox runs and the way that it runs it leaves it open to alot of options that the ps4 just wont be able to be. I am curios to see how well it does when HALO is released as that is a hgue franchise.

Let's just ignore the rest of the post where the PS4 still beat the Xbox One by quite a bit in worldwide sales.

It's really nice to be a spectator in these discussions between Sony and Microsoft, because the fanboys give us all tons of entertainment.

Did not ignore but there is no reason for that information in this thread. (Other than trying to make Microsoft and the Xbox one look bad.) I do not crap in PS4 threads, few are they are, because I do not have an emotional investment in this. :D

I have xbox one and its a lot better then xbox 360, now as a console i know it wont have the graphics as my pc however surprisingly they are rather good. I mostly got the xbox for xbox live. I simply love they way they have the xbox party and messages. I had a PS3 and man it was just crap, died on my twice and I didnt like the os, was very lacking, maybe its better now idk.

When Windows 10 comes out and you can buy one game for all devices I can see Microsoft taking the lead again in the console market.

Did not ignore but there is no reason for that information in this thread. (Other than trying to make Microsoft and the Xbox one look bad.) I do not crap in PS4 threads, few are they are, because I do not have an emotional investment in this. :D

Why should we try to sugar coat the situation? Microsoft made mistakes with the Xbox One and they're paying for it. I won't go into those details cause it makes me look like a Microsoft hater, but you know what I'm talking about. But as far as PC gaming goes we still haven't seen any Microsoft titles on their OS. Halo 3 is 8 years old and it sucks but it's still not on PC.

But if it makes you feel any better the PS4 is 1/4 of the total sales of the PS3. About 1/8th for the Xbone compared to 360. That means the PS4 reached the sales of the somewhat failed GameCube. Even the failed Xbox 1 sold more systems total than the PS4. To me this says the console generation is dying. Only 2 years old but unless there's another massive price drop for both systems, I think they're not going to reach half way towards their predecessors in 3 more years. Given they have that long.

BTW Bloodborne for PC please.

But if it makes you feel any better the PS4 is 1/4 of the total sales of the PS3. About 1/8th for the Xbone compared to 360. That means the PS4 reached the sales of the somewhat failed GameCube. Even the failed Xbox 1 sold more systems total than the PS4. To me this says the console generation is dying. Only 2 years old but unless there's another massive price drop for both systems, I think they're not going to reach half way towards their predecessors in 3 more years. Given they have that long.

Of course console prices will drop, they always drop during the console's lifespan. The PS3 would have been doomed if it was $599 for its entire life. That wasn't the case though, because that simply would have been stupid.

Once you hit market penetration, sales will slow down, so it's no surprise to me.

Back