Xbox video flickering problem

Noodle Boy

Limp Gawd
Well my xbox has this very strange problem. I have a 43" sony tv ( Model name KP43T70) and whenever I hook up my xbox to my television and try to play games, the video flickers. When I say flickers, I mean the color goes on and off, so I see the screen go from monochrome to color every frame or so. Is this problem just with my television, or my xbox? The colors are fine when I use it on a smaller tv, and the colors are fine when I play the xbox in PIP on my big tv, but why can't I see colors all the time when it's being projected to 43"? Would getting the RGB cables alleviate this problem, or is it my television? And has this ever happened to you?

BTW, I have a PS2 hooked up to the 43" tv, and the colors are fine, and it seems to be an xbox only problem.

Thanks in advance.

Is your Xbox setup for HDTV (480p, 720p, 1080i)? You are using Componet inputs right?

By component, I assume you mean the yellow, red, and white cords, then yes. Honestly I do not believe my TV is capable of any HDTV signals, so the problem is odd. Would getting the Hi Def pack anyway help me?

Componet is red, blue and green and yes it might fix the problem.Does your t.v. have hi def playback by hi-def I mean 480i, 720i, or 1080i.

rcf1987 said:
Componet is red, blue and green and yes it might fix the problem.Does your t.v. have hi def playback by hi-def I mean 480i, 720i, or 1080i.
Thats 480p, 720p, and 1080i. You need the High Def pack and then you need to enable the modes in the Dashboard. If that doesn't work, disable those modes and try again. Who knows, the cables just might be bad.

Back