Xbox360 For Xmas

Faction

The Chairman
im getting one of these for christmas the 399 version, what games do you guys recommend, im getting Gears of war for sure.. also any periphrials you guys recommend?

Gears of War for sure
Maybe Oblivion....if that kind of game is your taste
Madden 07
NHL 07

Accessories:

One of the Battery Charger kits
Extra Controller?
Xbox live 12 month sub card
Xbox live points

Recommended games (old and new):
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Condemned
F.E.A.R.
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Kameo: Elements of Power
Rainbow Six: Vegas
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Viva Pinata
WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw 2007

Recommended Xbox Live Arcade games:
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
Marble Blast Ultra
Smash TV
Uno

Recommended accessories:
Xbox 360 wireless controllers
Play-and-Charge wireless controller kits

GoW, extra wireless controller, rechargeable batteries, Burger King Minibike Racer for 3.99. ftw

BK Mini Bike Racer is so much fun

also reccommend

GoW
Call of Duty 2 or 3 both great
Geometry Wars (XBLA)
Oblivion
Over G Fighters (personal faverite)

Wireless contoller
Vison cam (damn that thing is so much fun)
Xbox live subscription

and the most important part

A good hdtv or widescreen monitor

Its up to you, the 360 has whatever you want. You like sports games? Then I say Madden 07 and NBA 2K7 won't dissapoint, neither will Fifa World Cup 2006 if you play soccer. They are the elite. You want tactical shooters? Then Rainbow Six: Vegas. and GRAW are what you need as they have excellent gameplay and even better graphics. If you like racing, then PGR3 and NFSMW (if you havent played it) are on top. If your looking for fun adventure games, then Kameo is one you'll have to get. If you like Oblivion type games then that'll be what you want to get. And then you have one game with is a must, and that is Gears of War. I never played the single player Halo story, never played Halo 2, never bothered with Splinter Cell, but as soon as I picked up Gears of War I played it non stop on almost every difficulty level. So Im sure youll be impressed by it.

Highly recommended will be the 1 year xbl gold membership. i'm gonna cry / cough up the green when my 30 day trial runs up. Gears is fun. And for some odd reason, i am captivated by Feeding Frenzy in the live arcade.

yes you also need a friend

dont forget that "accessory"
just kidding

but seriously you need to play gears coop

Get a play and charge kit for the wireless controllers so you're not switching out AA batteries every week.

You can probably figure out what full games to get on your own. For the Arcade, here's what i heartily recommend:

Geometry Wars
Marble Blast Ultra
Time Pilot
Cloning Clyde

You may find yourself sucked into Geometry Wars at the expense of all your other regular $60 games. :)

Gears of War
COD 2/3
Kameo
Small Arms (XBLA)
Geometry Wars (XBLA)
Burger King : Pocketbike Racer ($4)
Tony Hawk Project 8
Oblivion
GRAW

zero002021 said:

Just a heads-up: I found Midway Arcade Treasures 1 for $10 at BB, if the backwards compatibility works for it that might be a better deal because you get Smash TV and a bunch of other games.

I highly suggest picking up Condemned. This is IMHO one of the most over looked games on the 360.

Go to metacritic, read the reviews, and make a decision. Be sure to read the bad reviews as well. Sometimes they are more helpful in determining if a game has something in it that is a deal breaker for you.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

IMO, GoW is the only compelling game because:

1. Great graphics
2. Fun gameplay online
3. Xbox 360 exclusive

Call of Duty 2 is an excellent game as well and if you like RPGs Oblivion is a must have.

If you do not have an HDTV, consider getting the VGA cable and a LCD computer monitor. No sense having a 360 an not getting a display capable of 720p or above.

I'm going the same route but its for my Birthday and Christmas I'm getting Gears of War, Oblivion, an extra controller, play and charge and another battery.

The system comes with Live free for a like a month right? I think I'll get a 12 month card off of ebay for cheap just in case. I'm not going game crazy right now mainly because I can't afford it and I'm waiting for Halo 3, Fable 2, and Assassins Creed.

Games:
1. Test Drive Unlimited
2. Dead Rising
3.Gears of War
4. BK Pocket Bike Racer
5. Oblivion ( I want to get this game next)

Accessories:
1. Definately an Xbox Live Subscription (preferrably 12+1 months card).
2. Microsoft 1600 points (then choose whichever Xbox Live Arcade Game/ video that you like or intrigues you :) ).
3. More Wireless controllers for you buddies :D, you'll need it!

Back