XCLIO 450w PSU Dead?

tuffgong

[H]ard|Gawd
My computer was off, and would no power on. I tried everything...nothing. I replaced my XCLIO with an Enermax and viola it worked.

I'm sure it's dead...there's a little squeel sound when I hit the power switch.

I am tying to RMA with XCLIO, but those guys have ignored three of my e-mails. Anyone have any luck RMAing with them before? I don't want to have a dead PSU sitting around.

tuffgong said:
My computer was off, and would no power on. I tried everything...nothing. I replaced my XCLIO with an Enermax and viola it worked.

I'm sure it's dead...there's a little squeel sound when I hit the power switch.

I am tying to RMA with XCLIO, but those guys have ignored three of my e-mails. Anyone have any luck RMAing with them before? I don't want to have a dead PSU sitting around.

I wonder if they made like Antec and filled up their OEMed CWT supplies with Fuhjyyu caps? :D

dBTelos said:
I wonder if they made like Antec and filled up their OEMed CWT supplies with Fuhjyyu caps? :D
I reviewed 2 XCILO's over a year ago & yes they used the same caps,
however their fans were much more active & kept the PSU's nice & cool. ;)

David I ordered a 500watt Xcilio do you suppose I should remove the case and add a second fan onto the housing and then re-install it? Maybe use a better fan as I seen a review that said to?

davidhammock200 said:
I reviewed 2 XCILO's over a year ago & yes they used the same caps,
however their fans were much more active & kept the PSU's nice & cool. ;)

Yea, I can see how that would be beneficial. :p

jpierce55 said:
David I ordered a 500watt Xcilio do you suppose I should remove the case and add a second fan onto the housing and then re-install it? Maybe use a better fan as I seen a review that said to?
No, it is not necessary & would void your warranty.

Just make sure the exhaust air from the PSU is cool or only slightly warm. ;)

I still can't get in touch with XClio for an RMA...not even a phone number. This is ridiculous.

tuffgong said:
I still can't get in touch with XClio for an RMA...not even a phone number. This is ridiculous.
Call your retailer.

If you still can't get any help PM me, I'm sure I still have their contact info in my 1yr+ old email files, but it will take time for me to dig it out.

Thanks a bunch...I e-mailed Newegg, which has exellent customer service, so hopefully this will be resolved. That's where I bought this just over a year ago.

Well well well...what a surprise...Newegg is going to RMA the PSU for me. Once again they step up to the plate and smack one over the fence. That's why I look to them first.

hmm i bought the same power supply from them over a year ago and it died over the summer. i didnt even bother trying to RMA it cuz it's been so long. oh well.

creepcolony said:
hmm i bought the same power supply from them over a year ago and it died over the summer. i didnt even bother trying to RMA it cuz it's been so long. oh well.

long ago? I'm pretty sure the xclio has like a 3 year warranty on it. You should try to RMA it; might get a free supply! =)

They should accept the supplies that die from their caps. Best of luck.

-dB

Newegg approved my RMA...should I be hesitant about using the PSU now...'cause I am.

Back