Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

Don't make it your last Wii purchase. Last Story is coming out in June and XSeed said they're going to have a fairy limited production run on it so I'm betting the game will skyrocket in price in a few years.

Don't make it your last Wii purchase. Last Story is coming out in June and XSeed said they're going to have a fairy limited production run on it so I'm betting the game will skyrocket in price in a few years.

So, two more Wii purchases?

Game is fantastic...but I've known that for 2 years :p
Imported it at the first hint of there not being publisher interest.

Same with the Last Story.
That one is good, but not as good as it's been hyped to be.

Pre-ordered this months ago. Had to order a classic controller pro today so I'll be able to play it.

Still on the fence about Last Story. I've read that there's some serious lag/slowdown in the game and it's not as good as Xenoblade.

When I saw that the composer for Chrono Trigger worked on this as well it was an easy choice. Good reviews also helped.

When I saw that the composer for Chrono Trigger worked on this as well it was an easy choice. Good reviews also helped.

I have the OST and it is fantastic.

Is it worth dropping $20 for the classic controller if I am probably only going to use it for this game and Last Story?

I have the OST and it is fantastic.

Is it worth dropping $20 for the classic controller if I am probably only going to use it for this game and Last Story?

I've heard that playing with the CC makes camera movement easier with the second stick, but makes selection actions in battle harder. I only have the original CC which cramps my hands after a bit so I'm going to try it with the wii remote/nunchuck first.

Is anyone running this on the Dolphin emulator? Looks like they have HD texture mods and you can run the thing in 1080p. I have not picked the game up yet, but looking at the screenshots, I am just reminded of how pure shit the Wii graphics are, and running it on my PC would be a much better experience.

I spent about 2-3hrs setting it all up a few months ago. Then I lost interest and didn't want to play anymore lol.

Dolphin Emulator does not like me. I'm always getting the audio stutters =/, no matter what settings i use.

Dolphin Emulator does not like me. I'm always getting the audio stutters =/, no matter what settings i use.

It is a known issue with the emulator and Xenoblade. The Wiki has a couple options you can try. I'd link you right to it, but I'm on a tablet right now.

I was able to get this game all set up on my PC using Dolphin and it is an enormous improvement over the Wii graphics; the HD texture pack is just icing on the cake.

Admittedly I did have to spend a lot of time getting it set up (at least 10 hours in all) as I opted to make my own .iso back up from my physical copy of the game and then trial/error test almost every Dolphin config setting. I feel it was worth it though as I expect to get a lot of hours out of this game.

If anyone is having trouble getting the game to play just right on Dolphin let me know and I can post the settings I currently use. :)

Last edited:
I'm about 33 hours into this and loving it so far.

Probably going to pre-order The Last Story soon, even though I hear it's not as good.

Hopefully we can get Pandora's Tower over here too.

Back