XFPS 360 review.

kelbear

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=13000

First review of the product.

Can't say I like that this thing is here. I'd prefer kb/m over a controller but only if it's standard equipment. I don't want to plunk down $80 + $30(wired controller) for this, and I don't want to be playing using unequal control schemes. I wouldn't want to be the controller against the mouse and I wouldn't even wanna be the mouse user when everybody else is still stuck with a controller.

Lots of people have faster PCs than me, but so long as I can turn graphics down till I get a smooth framerate and we have low pings, I don't really care. But mouse vs. stick is a big difference. I couldn't care less who uses what in single player, but this is a bummer unless there's a way to filter the two groups of players on Xbox Live.

EDIT: (The difference between the two threads is that this one is based off the review, the other was based off speculation since no one actually had this product. This way the review of the product can be used as a reference point to quell "Will it have...?" questions.)

What worries me is that the makers of this product and now the review have only shown CoD 3 as the title to show off the kb/m support. I wonder if this means that games like gears of war don't work good with this device? Guess I'll find out whenever they ship mine and I'll post a real review then.

is there any word as to whether this thing could be made into a paperweight by a firmware update?

Technoob said:
is there any word as to whether this thing could be made into a paperweight by a firmware update?

I don't think the other adapters that were made for the Xbox 1 were ever disabled so I doubt this ever will be either. MS has bigger things to worry about like the hackers that do firmware hacks to get free games.

Holy carp it works! :eek: Now, I just wonder if it is possible to use the same keyboard/mouse that I'm using for my pc without unplugging and replugging. That would be great since my 2007FPW pulls double duty for pc and 360. I'm guessing not though.. :(

Back