XFX 128mb 6800GT for $164 @ Newegg...

This is a crippled GT, not only does it have 128MB or ram, its also DDR1 not DDR3 and its clocked much lower than a real GT, however I guess it must be on pair with a 6600GT, so it might be an ok thing to do.

not trying to thread crap, seriously, just stating the stuff newegg listed. :)

Sounds like a good deal. How does this compare to a 9800Pro. Having trouble finding some comparisons.

Im upgrading froma 9800Pro and saw this card. I was actually considering the 6800 vanilla until I saw this for the same price.

I would assume the GT would at least be better than a standard 6800, both of which are leaps and bounds better than my 9800pro.

this card was like 159$ a week or two ago on newegg. so not hot.

0810 said:
this card was like 159$ a week or two ago on newegg. so not hot.

Not the same one, you gotta be talking about the 6800NU, this one just showd up on newegg yesterday.

Its a good buy since it sounds like a 6800NU with the extra pipes unlocked, this would eat a 9800 pro pretty bad, I know cause I bought a 6800NU for $156 to exchange for my 9800 pro and wow what a difference.

Juic3 said:
Not the same one, you gotta be talking about the 6800NU, this one just showd up on newegg yesterday.

Its a good buy since it sounds like a 6800NU with the extra pipes unlocked, this would eat a 9800 pro pretty bad, I know cause I bought a 6800NU for $156 to exchange for my 9800 pro and wow what a difference.

did u unlock ur 6800?

Unfortunately no, just opened up a vertex shader, so its @ 12x6 no problems, dont really know if theres a diff from stock.

But still without the unlocking it was an awesome buy, this one should be better.

any word on if this has all pipes and vertex shaders unlocked? 16x6?

edit: oh yea they changed it... but still any chances of unlockin this one?

XamediX said:
any word on if this has all pipes and vertex shaders unlocked? 16x6?

edit: oh yea they changed it... but still any chances of unlockin this one?

Same chances as with the others I guess, which are pretty high according to people, I wasnt a lucky one with my PNY 6800, oh well still great card, waiting for a vf700-cu so I can start the mad overclocking :D.

This 6800GT @164 is the deal of the day. I guess no one is actually reading this thread. :D

templarknightx said:
It's not a 6800GT.

Yes, I know. On hardocp it is mentioned that 6800GT is $164. They looked at the title and did not read the thread just like some others in this thread. :p

Shmuckety said:
Yes, I know. On hardocp it is mentioned that 6800GT is $164. They looked at the title and did not read the thread just like some others in this thread. :p

I have my reciept right here in my hand I printed and when I bought it, it was DEFINATELY listed as a 6800GT.

If newegg screwed up, I will let you know when I get the actual card. :mad: :mad: :mad:

If newegg is like everyone else, in terms of typos, I think you will be disappointed. :( I hope it works out in your favor. If not call and complain, send them a letter (in the reglar mail) maybe that will work. ;)

A quick search through my internet cache turned up these. I was double checking things to be SURE it was a 6800GT, hence the comparison page which I had used:

I've seen these before, they aren't uncommon on Newegg.com and they've been in my video card sticky upgrade guide before. These cards are great because they are very cheap and not all games require the extra ram b/w to run them at high settings and for OCing these cards would be great.

It's really just for people who don't want to spend an arm and a leg but still want to have great performance while having the horse power to run new games at decent settings.

~Adam

Shmuckety said:
If newegg is like everyone else, in terms of typos, I think you will be disappointed. :( I hope it works out in your favor. If not call and complain, send them a letter (in the reglar mail) maybe that will work. ;)

Id say calling would be a good option. Heres my story of how i got one of these xfx 6800nu's for cheap.

I got it this morning, and it is definately not a 6800GT.

Calling newegg....maybe I can get them to honor what my reciept says...

cefoskey said:
I got it this morning, and it is definately not a 6800GT.

Calling newegg....maybe I can get them to honor what my reciept says...

Good luck, tell us how it goes.

Mine is on the fedex truck out for delivery. I also doubt it's the GT nor DDR3.
If you do a search you'll be able to find the pv-t40k-ndd5 as well as an ndd7, and I'm pretty sure there isn't any DDR5 out yet, let alone DDR7 :D
If the pipes unlock I'm keeping it, if not, I'll complain to newegg about it not being the 6800GT I ordered (and it sais so on my order print out!)

I called them this morning. They will not get you a GT card, as the cheapest GT they stock is over $100 more. I got offered an RMA, but I guess Ill just keep it. Damn it. They could have at least sent me a notification before shipping it if there were changes made to an item description.

Newegg, you have let me down. They didnt even offer me a promo discount code or anything for screwing this up. Pretty disappointed from a company Ive been loyal to since 1999. :(

cefoskey said:
I called them this morning. They will not get you a GT card, as the cheapest GT they stock is over $100 more. I got offered an RMA, but I guess Ill just keep it. Damn it. They could have at least sent me a notification before shipping it if there were changes made to an item description.

Newegg, you have let me down. They didnt even offer me a promo discount code or anything for screwing this up. Pretty disappointed from a company Ive been loyal to since 1999. :(

In their defense, the manufacturer's website also had it tagged as a 6800GT chip. Both websites corrected themselves about the same time. Newegg was only listing what the manufacturer was telling them.

SS

What are you guys bitching about, pay attention to the fucking specs when you buy shit.

It'll still perform really well, if that's any consolation.

BTW post your benchies with pics

~Adam

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
I'm assuming the first link is the better buy. Notice the "DD3" in the end of the product ID, it might have something to do with it having GDDR3 maybe, whereas the second link would only have GDDR1.

yeah, but the memory is listed as running at 700MHz on both cards

Just curious, those of you who got the card, does the model number on the card itself end with D3? I'm betting it doesn't cause I couldn't find it on the XFX site.

Back