XFX 5870 DP output in black and white

LanPirate1

Limp Gawd
Happy New Year Everyone. I hadn't been using my Eyefinity setup in a few weeks. I was running a two monitor setup( I saved 2 profiles). I loaded up my Eyefinity profile, and the third monitor only displays black and white. It is connected via an Accell active DP adapter. I tried another active adapter(bizlink), same thing. Monitor is fine, tried it in one of the DVI outputs, colour is working ok. Do I have a bad card here, as it seems the DP port wont output colour?
DP only, through the active adapter, wont show up in the bios, so I cant say if its an o/s or driver problem. Everything is otherwise perfect with the card. Any ideas?

Must be getting lazy in my old age. Went into "configure" for the monitor displaying b&w, in CCC. I found that Avivo Color was set to Hue 28, Saturation of 0. Even hitting reset does nothing. Checking the monitors that are displaying color ok revealed that Hue should be 0, Saturation 100, by default. This must be a driver issue, as I dont remember it doing this with the 9.11's. Maybe this is the problem I see people having on the DVI port as well. Check it out and let me know.

For fun, I submitted a support ticked to XFX, it will be fun to see how they respond.

Back