XFX 7800GTX OC wow...

ozziegn said:
still want more? okay, fine...

I have had several PMs from people who have thanked me for me giving them my Dell business rep's contact info where they can, and did order a BFG 7800 GTX OC for $432 plus tax if applicable w/ free shipping.

oh, and before you stick your foot in your mouth for a fifth time now, my Dell business rep's deal does NOT expire tomorrow.

Nice altered reality. Your cost with your rep deal or whatever shit isn't the msrp of the card. Go away now, I am at least.

Homer said:
ummm every one just sftu plz? kthxnore

I will apologize to you and everyone else who's having to read this BS between me and that person.

it just erks my butt to no end when people talk sh*t w/o even thinking first. I have obviously proved him wrong several times now and yet he keeps coming back for more.

oh well, I have more than proved my point so I will cut out.

again, sorry for the BS.

Nothing I've said is BS. Your cost with a rep deal is not MSRP. I hope that is simple enough. YGPM.

you guys are starting to scare me. settle down, please, its just a discussion. nothing to get heated up over.

Dr. X said:
wtf are you smokin'? Please tell me where you can buy a bfg 7800gtx oc for $499.
on Forums if your lucky and active, I saw a 520 shipped one on eBay.com there was 2 of them in seperated auctions, just depends on how active u are...

Damn..I didn't think about using my Dell Rep for the card..and I ordered one for the $491....still a helluva deal though..considering the BFG is going for over $100 more most places..

I'm hoping that either the 'ultra' or one of the r520 variants will be a 32pipe card. If not, I think I'll be disappointed.

Arseface said:
I'm hoping that either the 'ultra' or one of the r520 variants will be a 32pipe card. If not, I think I'll be disappointed.

24 just doesn't cut it for you? I'm sorry to hear that :(

robberbaron said:
24 just doesn't cut it for you? I'm sorry to hear that :(

Heh :p

well, I've got a pair of 6800GTs at the moment, so I'm wanting to see a reasonable performance increase next time I upgrade. At the moment I'm getting similar performance to a single 7800GTX, but a 32pipe card should allow me to go back to a single card, and still see a performance increase.

Arseface said:
Heh :p

well, I've got a pair of 6800GTs at the moment, so I'm wanting to see a reasonable performance increase next time I upgrade. At the moment I'm getting similar performance to a single 7800GTX, but a 32pipe card should allow me to go back to a single card, and still see a performance increase.

That makes more sense then.

I only have one question: Is it really worth it to get the 7800GTX 24pipeline version now even though there is a rumored 32pipeline version 7800U or even a X950 that i also read about?

Since this card(and probably the ATi 24pipline X900PRO) will both get roughly a 30% increase in framrate wouldn't it be better to wait around for the 32pipe versions of both the NV and ATi offerings?

$599 is a pretty hefty price tag for only a 30% increase in FPS...is it really worth it?

BloodRayne said:
I only have one question: Is it really worth it to get the 7800GTX 24pipeline version now even though there is a rumored 32pipeline version 7800U or even a X950 that i also read about?

Since this card(and probably the ATi 24pipline X900PRO) will both get roughly a 30% increase in framrate wouldn't it be better to wait around for the 32pipe versions of both the NV and ATi offerings?

Well that's what I'm doing.

The thing is though, in the computer hardware world you can sit around forever waiting for prices to drop and new hardware to come out. There's no fixed date on when the new cards will actually be available from ATI and nvidia, although I would hope they're both available by the end of the year, and that they're faster than the GTX is now. They might well be more expensive though, especially if they have 512Mb RAM. It will be worse here in Europe, as the dollar is strengthening and all US imports are rising in price again.

If you want a new top end card, and you want it now, go with the GTX. Don't sit around and wait. If you already have a decent card though, you might want to think about sitting with it for a few months longer.

I was actully surprised. I'm currently visitng Europe(Ukraine) and there is a kickass 19' LCD for only about $350, I think it's cheaper here, I would buy it now except the plug here is differnt than the US(my current residence)

the more i think about it the more it makes sense: Computer hardware manufactureres need to come out with shcedules of when everything will be released and provide it for the general public...that would be very convenient.

P.S. DAMN THIS INTERNET CAFE...it's slow

BloodRayne said:
I was actully surprised. I'm currently visitng Europe(Ukraine) and there is a kickass 19' LCD for only about $350, I think it's cheaper here, I would buy it now except the plug here is differnt than the US(my current residence)

Be sure to check the voltage too...
Here in Denmark we use 230V 50Hz...like a lot of other European countries...
Isn't the US 110V ?

Terra...

In the US its 120V, not sure about frequency. Over in Ukraine the voltage is 220V and again...I don't know the frequency.

Also, wouldn't it be pretty expensive to convert an LCD monitor from european based operation to US based?

BloodRayne said:
In the US its 120V, not sure about frequency. Over in Ukraine the voltage is 220V and again...I don't know the frequency.

Also, wouldn't it be pretty expensive to convert an LCD monitor from european based operation to US based?

It may not be cheap, and you may even have trouble finding something like that.

I own a US PS2 (in the UK) and i got a step down voltage convertor for it for only about £15, but its doesnt support very high drain devices (just about enough for a PS2), and i;d think step up voltage convertor (what you need) would be harder/more expensive than step down, like i needed.

But honestly, i dont know for sure, not really something ive looked in to myself.

Dr. X said:
You can't use that as the price of the card. That's a limited deal. The card is 599.

The price of the card is whatever the company wishes it to be. At this time, dell wishes it to be $491 shipped, so it is. Cheaper if you want to go the other way

You two are both right, you are arguing but realize you are both correct.

The MSRP as listed by NVIDIA is $599

But add-in-board manufacturers and OEMs can sell it below that or above that if they want.

It isn't called "Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price" for nothing.

·PitBuLL· said:
I'm a bit confused right now. Is the 7800GTX the Ultra version of the 7800?

No, its the GTX version of the 7800. :) DUH!

Nvidia DOES NOT COMMENT ON UNRELEASED PRODUCTS.

However, the rumor from The Inq' and what is a general consensus is that there is plenty of head room left in the 7800 for higher clocks, better cooling (dual slot), etc... so Nvidia is going to sit back and wait for the r520 to launch. Then launch their 7800 Ultra at whatever speed it takes to beat it.

IE: They might launch a 7800 Ultra which is just a GTX with more voltage, better cooling, possibly better power circuitry, etc...

OR if there's enough time and it requires super high clocks to compete they might release a .09 micron version of it, (instead of the current A2 .11 micron version) Like the RSX = .09 @ 550Mhz in a set top box, so a 7800 Ultra with better cooling in a full ATX case, PSU, etc.. should be able to hit 550+++++

Terra said:
Be sure to check the voltage too...
Here in Denmark we use 230V 50Hz...like a lot of other European countries...
Isn't the US 110V ?

Terra...
ive seen it everywhere between 110-120V so basically ive seen 110V 115V and 120V

slamgoku said:
ive seen it everywhere between 110-120V so basically ive seen 110V 115V and 120V

You should really get some common standards in the US ;)

Terra - And conform to the metric system ;)

Terra said:
You should really get some common standards in the US ;)

Terra - And conform to the metric system ;)

Technically its 120 but de facto its more like 110. And the only thing I like in metric is metric tons.

Now we could use some help in the coffee-shop area.....*cough*

omg 230 volts? lmao in teh US of A that would blow up anything instantly :p

No, your voltages are 240 in the UK, you just use two of the same lines America uses, two 120 lines. At least that's how it was explained to me.

~Adam

Thank god I never travel to foreign countries. I could picture it now. A hotel in china or uk or something. plug something in.... the power surges in the whole building and I am arrested for a potential bomb or something. I would be like "but I was just trying to charge my laptop!"

Dr. X said:
wtf are you smokin'? Please tell me where you can buy a bfg 7800gtx oc for $499.
Heres...from dell

screenshot0076sm.jpg

it used to be 250 ish a good while ago, and was 240v for a long time, but mostly down to 230 for the most part now.

And honestly, ive lived here for 20 years, i know what the voltage is :p.

who gives a dam just buy the cheapest 7800 you can find and ne1 can oc them they are all the same

Back