XFX PVT43AND GeForce 6600 GT AGP 128MB DDR3

boneca

Limp Gawd
Is XFX PVT43AND GeForce 6600 GT AGP 128MB DDR3 good card? I need to order today and price on it is $174.99 after $25 rebate.

TAIA

Hey, I just ordered this from Newegg and I had a question. I already have Nvidia driver 66.93 installed with my current card and just wanted to know if I simply have to swap out cards and that is that or is there a little more involved? It has been a few years since I have done a video card upgrade(not on this computer) so excuse my techo-ignorance :confused:

Just pop in the new card.

If any wierdness ensues just uninstall the old driver install and install again.

Got my XFX installed and running flawlessly using the beta 76.41 drivers. Got it overclocked to 580/1200 and got a 3dmark05 score of 3849. I am going to add some more cooling, along with applying some arctic silver 5 in place of the garbage stock grease and go back in for more to break that 4000 barrier. UT2004 is incredible at 1920x1200 on my 24" Dell I got last month. Fan on the xfx is loud, only complaint!

BigBalla, if your looking for good aftermarket coolers for the 6600 gt AGP, you wont find any that are decent and that cool the ram, EXCEPT for the STASIS Thermal IceStorm. Check it out here this is the cooler i bought for the same exact card, XFX PVT43AND GeForce 6600 GT AGP, and i have yet to install it because im in the process of testing the stock cooler for comprehensive review of the IceStorm

ugh, I am so freaking jealous, u guys and ur 6600gt's and ur dang ddr3 memory can pull 1200 on the memory, while me and my ultra with 1.6ns memory can barely pull 1.12.....you guys make me so mad :)

yea, but your 3dmark03 and 05 score smokes ours, easily. your 1.6 ns memory should be able to hit 1.2 easily. mine is 2.0ns ram, and it does 1.15 with no effort. ill trade you my 6600gt for your ultra any day :D

Since I started this tread I wanted to let you guys know that I received my card last Wednesday, plugged it in and it working flawlessly since, driving 2 20.1 monitors. I don't hear fun being to load as well.

i bought that same exact card. did yours come with the new weird looking heatsink and 2.0ns gddr3? the new ones seem to be shipping with 2.0ns ram.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
yea, but your 3dmark03 and 05 score smokes ours, easily. your 1.6 ns memory should be able to hit 1.2 easily. mine is 2.0ns ram, and it does 1.15 with no effort. ill trade you my 6600gt for your ultra any day :D

yeha, I should be able to hit 1.2 easily...but dang..I am really starting to think it is my power supply :mad:

id check out getting a new powersupply definately. make sure its a quality supply, and look for high amps on the 12V and 3V and 5V line. rule of thumb for a 500 watt supply is that the amps on the 3V and 5V lines should equal ATLEAST 270 watts.

well..my antec is 280 on the 5 and 3 rails, only 20amps on the 12 though..gay hehe too bad no one I know lives around me that has a good powersupply that I cant throw my ultra in to overclock

thats a bummer. originally i thought my new Rosewill 500w psu was a huge piece of crap, cause i had loads of power being drawn off one dongle line, like 2 drives cathodes and the card, giving me a 3.3v line of 3.14v's, but then i took the thodes off and it went back to a healthy 3.32v's. it was a total buzz kill, but it shows how important a good psu is.

but if you just get the card and dont oc it, does it run well with the stock hs and fan?

yes, the 6600gt is a good card at stock, they perform very well. in 3dmarks01 se they get about 18000 and that was wiht my whole system at stock. overclocked to 550 core and 1.15 mem the max temp Ive got using the ATI Tools artifact finder is 70ºC. hopefully with my Stasis Thermal IceStorm, I'll get around 55-60ºC load. and thats while overclocking.

Back